Reading 5 -7 Arsenal

Chat about this years League Cup here - What is your opinion about our 2nd tier cup competition

Moderator: Moderators

Reading 5 -7 Arsenal

Postby Hams » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:46 am

What an incredible league cup match at the Madjeski stadium last night!

Reading were leading 4-2 in the 89th minute but Arsenal went on to win the game 7-5 in Extra time!

Theo Walcott scored a hat trick while Chamakh scored twice in what were his first goals for the club in 13 months.

Any comments on Tuesday nights extraordinary fixture?
Last edited by Hams on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm

I picked up a newspaper here in Japan and saw the headline of "wenger claiming this to be his most impressive accomplishment"or something along those lines .Saw the sub heading of the scoreline and my eyes almost fell out of my head.
The first thing i though was ,"Koscielny own goal, i just know it"! when the defense is shipping that many goals it just spells a shocking defensive display. However just watched the hi lights and there is no way they can do this game any justice. I Wonder if the press will give this game as much ink as they did the newcastle 4-4 draw against Arsenal. They way Arsenal have been quite impotent in front of goal this season and to be 4-0 in the hole away from home against another premiership side ,i think a lot more credit should be given to that performance than many in that country will give them. This to me is an incredible outcome quite frankly based on those fact i have stated. I really don't want to hear anyone coming out with the same crap about Walcott! That's not to say i think he is Arsenal's saviour ,but some of the performances he has put in for club and country are starting to speak for themselves.
I am going to all ends to get the full match of this one without question,i would love to hear what the commentators were saying when arsenal were 4-0 down and then what they said at the end. :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:06 pm

:lol:

you got it right.) what else could they be saying except for the most obvious things that were before their eyes?

anyway... i also wathced the highlights.) it's fun to say that even though they were made only of the goals of this match they took as much as 18 minutes or so :lol:

i also read that pogrebnyak said in one of his postmatch interviews that he didt remember when he'd seen such an active arshavin last time :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby specnur » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:26 pm

Almeida wrote::lol:

you got it right.) what else could they be saying except for the most obvious things that were before their eyes?

anyway... i also wathced the highlights.) it's fun to say that even though they were made only of the goals of this match they took as much as 18 minutes or so :lol:

i also read that pogrebnyak said in one of his postmatch interviews that he didt remember when he'd seen such an active arshavin last time :lol:

tell me that's a joke! :lol: :lol: :lol:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Almeida » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 pm

nope. i believe pogrebnyak is simply deprived of sense of humour :lol:

and if he wasnt active enough by your standards, imagine how active he was on euro! :lol:
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:52 pm

i missed the start of the match and tuned in about 20mins .....3-0 to Reading , was this some kind of error i though , then we got it back to 4-1 , but ...still i thought it was just too much to come back from . The introduction of Giroud was a big turning point and he gave us more of a threat in front of goal ...we were a bit lucky with the amount of injury time but who cares .. :) we took advantage and 4-4 it went . The equaliser by Reading for 5-5 was a real choker ..but of course more dram was to come ....Arshavin for all his poor perfomances in the past ..he was the one that won it for us really ...a super run and shot at goal ...Walcott finished it off and the icing on the cake was that goal from Chamakh . 8)
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Capital One Cup