Arsenal v Fulham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Fulham

Postby Conner99 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 pm

Arsenal played poorly again as they lost 2-1 to Man Utd at Old Trafford ....the Gunners were as usual unable to compete with Man Utd and barely threatened the Man Utd goal during the match...a red card for Jack Wilshire did not help matters and a goal from Santi Cazorla with the last kick of the game was no consolation to the travelling Arsenal fans or those watching on tv ...the result meant Arsenal have had their worst ever start under Arsene Wenger , a win against Fulham is a must if Arsene Wenger wants his side to have a chance of challenging for the title this season .


Fulham can thank substitute Steve Sidwell as he rescued a point for Fulham with an 90th-minute equaliser agains Everton at Craven Cottage ...the match finished 2-2 and manager Martin Jol was honest enough to admit his side were lucky to get away with a draw against the Tofees after that clocked up 26 shots on the Fulham goal .."Everton dominated us, all we could do was try to be positive."But it doesn't mean anything in football if you don't score the goals." Fulham lie 7th in the table and a win over Arsenal would see them leapfrog the Gunners into the top 6 .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 am

Arsenal should be too good at home for Fulham and I predict a comfortable win for Arsene Wenger's side.

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:36 pm

dont be fooled by Hams seemingly confident prediction ...this is what he had to say about our match with Norwich a few weeks ago ... :roll:

I'm going to predict a comfortable away win for Arsenal to put even more pressure on Norwich boss Chris Hughton.

Norwich 0-2 Arsenal



this will be a big test for us after losing to Man Utd ..i know we are at home but it wont be easy against Fulham .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Conner99 wrote:dont be fooled by Hams seemingly confident prediction ...this is what he had to say about our match with Norwich a few weeks ago ... :roll:

I'm going to predict a comfortable away win for Arsenal to put even more pressure on Norwich boss Chris Hughton.

Norwich 0-2 Arsenal


:lol:

We all make mistakes sometimes!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Did you know that Fulham have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 and drawing four of 26 visits.

Any more comments or predictions?!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Arsenal's possible line up.

......................Mannone........................

Sagna.....Mertesacker...Koscielny...Vermaelen

...............Ramsay..........Arteta............

Walcott.................Cazorla.............Podolski

......................Giroud..............................
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Conner99 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:02 am

Hams wrote:Did you know that Fulham have never won away at Arsenal in any competition, losing 22 and drawing four of 26 visits.

Any more comments or predictions?!


lets hope that record continues .... :wink: we need to bounce right back after the defeat by Man Utd .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby lincoln50 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:57 am

Arsenal 1 Fulham 2
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:14 am
Location: Pattaya Thailand

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Line ups

ARSENAL
Mannone, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Coquelin, Arteta, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud

Subs: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Santos, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin, Chamakh.

FULHAM:
Schwarzer, Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise, Dejagah, Baird, Sidwell, Richardson, Ruiz, Berbatov

Subs Stockdale, Senderos, Petric, Karagounis, Duff, Rodallega, Kacaniklic.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:56 pm

HT

Arsenal 2-2 Fulham

The Gunners went 2-0 up early on but the away side fought back to go in level at the break!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Another diabolical performance by Arsenal.
I would have taken the penalty at the end ,but we didn't deserve it to be honest ,never a penalty!
Giroud had a pretty decent game ,but he's not Arsenal quality ,neither Podolski and Koscielny ,but for a couple of great tackles near in the second half was shocking again. Don;t know what's wrong with the boy? Ever since he's been called up by France he been crap. Coquelin has dropped in my estimation ,i thought he looked half decent about a year and a half ago. We need to get some players fit without question. It's getting to hard to watch Arsenal this season for me ,the old ticker can;t take much more of this crap.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15700
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:12 pm

FT

Arsenal 3-3 Fulham
1-0 Giroud 11'
2-0 Podolski 23'
2-1 Berbatov 29'
2-2 Kacaniklic 40'
2-3 Berbatov 67'(pen)
3-3 Giroud 69'

Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer saved a penalty from Arteta deep into injury time.

Any more comments on todays result?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm

It would really have been unjust had Arsenal gone on to win this game 4-3 through
that penalty decision but justice was done when Mark Schwarzer saved it to earn Fulham a deserved point.

Tomas Vermaelan is Arsenal's weak link in defence at the moment and he was deliberately targeted
by the away side but you can't blame Wenger for playing him at left back as the alternative is Andre Santos
who is useless and only interested in swapping shirts with opposing players at half time so there you have.

Dimitar Berbatov was brilliant for Martin Joll's side and at times unplayable which makes you wonder even more about him!

Next up for the Gunners is the North London derby - Any comments on this result? - Arsenal's fans are very quiet!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 38681
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Steely Hill » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:00 pm

you have to think that Berbatov would have been a perfect addition to this arsenal team.

diabolical for an arsenal team to give away a two goal lead at home to fulham and for wenger to praise the spirit of the team must make the arsenal faithful cringe.

obviously fourth spot is still a realistic target and i am sure the 'Arsene Knows' brigade will consider 4th place another 'successful' season but results like this highlight the problems.

early on in the season i read regularly how much impact 'Bouldy' had on the backline so it is funny to see the real arsenal emerge. Koscielny and Vermaelen continue to make a mockery of the word 'defence' and Arteta had an absolute shocker.

it is unbelievable how a team can look so competent, well organised and dangerous and then just go to pot in such a short space of time.
User avatar
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39197
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:14 pm

Postby specnur » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Steely Hill wrote:you have to think that Berbatov would have been a perfect addition to this arsenal team.

diabolical for an arsenal team to give away a two goal lead at home to fulham and for wenger to praise the spirit of the team must make the arsenal faithful cringe.

obviously fourth spot is still a realistic target and i am sure the 'Arsene Knows' brigade will consider 4th place another 'successful' season but results like this highlight the problems.

early on in the season i read regularly how much impact 'Bouldy' had on the backline so it is funny to see the real arsenal emerge. Koscielny and Vermaelen continue to make a mockery of the word 'defence' and Arteta had an absolute shocker.

it is unbelievable how a team can look so competent, well organised and dangerous and then just go to pot in such a short space of time.


Good post!

It is indeed incredible how they have not learnt from past games of complacency !
I can see what Wenger is talking about to a degree about the spirit of the team,but his body language tells that dressing room a story that they don't want to see! It's always better to talk about the positives rather than the negatives or at least keep your negative thoughts strictly between you and the team. If the public and the media has a problem with him venting publicly on his team ,then f*ck 'em. :wink:
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15700
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Conner99 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

at the moment i can barely turn to the sports reports to see how we are doing in a game ...when i see Arsenal 2 2 Fulham ...i just cannot believe it ...the fact we blew a last seconds penalty to win the game is typical of us ...whether or not it was `justice` does not matter . it was another 2 points lost .

It annoys me also how Arsene Wenger ...you just know he will talk about the spirit of the side and we kept on fighting during the game , all this is no good without the end product ...winning .

some of the players we have ....

Vermaelen ......good ...but having a bad spell
Kosceilny ...........goes from good to bad regularly
Diaby ...........great player , but someone coughs and he is injured for two months or more
Sagna .........playing rather average right now
Mertsacker ...........average
Jenkinson .............still not sure
Ramsey .............yet to show he is a truly great player
Walcott .............should given a proper chance in the role that he wants
Cazorla..............great start but has had an average 2 or 3 games of late .

we have no chance at the league title right now ...we just need to focus on winning a game ....
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby specnur » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:32 am

Conner99 wrote:at the moment i can barely turn to the sports reports to see how we are doing in a game ...when i see Arsenal 2 2 Fulham ...i just cannot believe it ...the fact we blew a last seconds penalty to win the game is typical of us ...whether or not it was `justice` does not matter . it was another 2 points lost .

It annoys me also how Arsene Wenger ...you just know he will talk about the spirit of the side and we kept on fighting during the game , all this is no good without the end product ...winning .

some of the players we have ....

Vermaelen ......good ...but having a bad spell
Kosceilny ...........goes from good to bad regularly
Diaby ...........great player , but someone coughs and he is injured for two months or more
Sagna .........playing rather average right now
Mertsacker ...........average
Jenkinson .............still not sure
Ramsey .............yet to show he is a truly great player
Walcott .............should given a proper chance in the role that he wants
Cazorla..............great start but has had an average 2 or 3 games of late .

we have no chance at the league title right now ...we just need to focus on winning a game ....


I hear you Conner ,but a bit harsh on Sagna ,he just come off of a long term injury . As far as i'm concerned he's played well since he's been back ,especially compared to some of the other player out there in that shirt right now.

I think we need to get rosicky back ,hope that Diaby gets over his woes ,get Frimpong back and Gibbs to steady the back line ,by putting Vermaelen back where he belongs. I'll take that until the january window and get a striker in.
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15700
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby BMJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Arsenal bottled it. Simple as that.
User avatar
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Postby specnur » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 pm

BMJ wrote:Arsenal bottled it. Simple as that.


A massive overstatement.
To bottle it you would have to fear the opponent in the first place ,i find that a hard pill to swallow.
The best come from behind team last season are all of a sudden sh!t scared of Fulham FC ,a team that have never won at Arsenal in their entire history. Brilliant!
specnur
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 15700
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:41 am
Location: on your mind

Postby Conner99 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:57 pm

specnur wrote:
I hear you Conner ,but a bit harsh on Sagna ,he just come off of a long term injury . As far as i'm concerned he's played well since he's been back ,especially compared to some of the other player out there in that shirt right now.

I think we need to get rosicky back ,hope that Diaby gets over his woes ,get Frimpong back and Gibbs to steady the back line ,by putting Vermaelen back where he belongs. I'll take that until the january window and get a striker in.


maybe i have been a bit harsh on Sagna ....he deserves a few more matches i guess , i also hope Scezney is back for the Tottenham game ...Mannone has been both good and bad during his stint as our No1 keeper .
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests