Chelsea v Liverpool

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Chelsea surrendered their place at the top of the Premier League as they drew 1-1 with Swansea , it had looked as though the Blues had done enough to reclaim top spot from Man Utd ..but ..with just a few minutes left they allowed Pablo Hernandez to equalise for Swansea ...boss Roberto Di Matteo said after the match "its a shame " .

Liverpool had Luis Suarez to thank once again as his moment of magic earned his side a 1-1 draw against Newcastle , his superbly taken goal gave the home fans something to smile about and they needed it after Liverpool had fallen behind just before half-time ..manager Brendan Rodgers had told his players before coming out for the second half "you just have to stay calm and keep playing" .

Liverpool have now drawn three of their last four Premier League games and are 12th in the table .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Chelsea v Liverpool

Postby mrtz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Conner99 wrote:Chelsea surrendered their place at the top of the Premier League as they drew 1-1 with Swansea , it had looked as though the Blues had done enough to reclaim top spot from Man Utd ..but ..with just a few minutes left they allowed Pablo Hernandez to equalise for Swansea ...boss Roberto Di Matteo said after the match "its a shame " .

Liverpool had Luis Suarez to thank once again as his moment of magic earned his side a 1-1 draw against Newcastle , his superbly taken goal gave the home fans something to smile about and they needed it after Liverpool had fallen behind just before half-time ..manager Brendan Rodgers had told his players before coming out for the second half "you just have to stay calm and keep playing" .

Liverpool have now drawn three of their last four Premier League games and are 12th in the table .

You look at it as that - I see it as "Liverpool are undefeated in the last 4 Premier League games" ;)
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:27 am

mrtz wrote:
Conner99 wrote:Chelsea surrendered their place at the top of the Premier League as they drew 1-1 with Swansea , it had looked as though the Blues had done enough to reclaim top spot from Man Utd ..but ..with just a few minutes left they allowed Pablo Hernandez to equalise for Swansea ...boss Roberto Di Matteo said after the match "its a shame " .

You look at it as that - I see it as "Liverpool are undefeated in the last 4 Premier League games" ;)

You're beginning to sound like Brendan Rogers! :?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby OWEN_ENG » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:43 am

Hams wrote:
mrtz wrote:

Go easy on the Rodge Hams...hehe...besides he's doing way better with one striker than Dalglish ever did with two... :lol:

As for a result...I fear for us...Chelsea haven't exactly been delivering the goods lately and they will surely be fired up for this one to get back on top of the table...

We on the other hand are playing some of the best football in years but naturally can't put the chances away...I don't think it's going to be an easy one for either team to walk away with a point/3 points....but I think Chelsea have the necessary depth and more importantly finishing capabilities more so than we have...so for me it's gonna have to be

2-1 to Chelsea....Torres gets on the score sheet and does not celebrate :)
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Did you know that Liverpool have lost only two of their last 11 Premier League games against Chelsea (W7 D2 L2) and won the last four in a row.

Any more comments or predictions for Sundays game?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby lincoln50 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:54 am

Chelsea should have to much for poor old Liverpool.

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 0
lincoln50
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Line ups

CHELSEA
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Bertrand, Ramires, Mikel, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Torres.

SUBS: Turnbull, Ferreira, Cahill, Romeu, Marin, Moses, Sturridge.

LIVERPOOL:
Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Gerrard, Allen, Johnson, Sahin, Sterling, Suarez.

SUBS: Gulacsi, Coates, Suso, Henderson, Downing, Cole, Assaidi.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:39 pm

Chelsea captain John Terry is back in the starting line up with Ivanovic preferred to Luiz as centre half.

Liverpool have gone for a 5 man defence at the back with the veteran Jamie Carragher making a rare 1st team start.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm

HT

Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool

John Terry headed the Blues infront on 19 minutes but then had to go off injured following an accidental collision with Suarez.

It should really have been 2-0 or 3-0 to the home side but Oscar and Mata both missed good chances.

Liverpool were rubbish in the first half.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm

I'll take it!
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm

FT

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool
1-0 Terry 20'
1-1 Suarez 73'

A much better display from the Reds in the 2nd period saw Suarez head home an equaliser on 73 mins.

Had Chelsea taken those 1st half chances they would have won this game and I'm sure Liverpool fans will be delighted that Torres once again didn't score against them.

Any comments on todays match?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 am

Hams wrote:
mrtz wrote:

And he looks like Benitez.
mrtz, once and for all, is that you or him on your avatar?
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby mrtz » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:13 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Hams wrote:
mrtz wrote:

:lol: I thought I already answered that question in another thread. It's Rafa.
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby OWEN_ENG » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:58 pm

we were lucky to get a point out of this one...Suarez was brilliant and for me I think he's starting to show some glimpses of ridding his reputation and being more sportsman-like.

Chelsea were just atrocious...surprised by the lack of finishing on their end.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Boris » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:50 pm

mrtz wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Hams wrote:
mrtz wrote:

:lol: I thought I already answered that question in another thread. It's Rafa.

Liar
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:10 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:I think he's starting to show some glimpses of ridding his reputation and being more sportsman-like.

:lol: :lol:

what, by pushing the defender with both hands off the ball to get him out of the way in order to give himself a free header?

what fine sportsmanship :lol:
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby BMJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Suarez is rodent type character. The end.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Super Mario10 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:04 pm

It does look like he is trying to curb the cheating but to be fair 9/10 strikers would have done exactly the same thing suarez did on ramires...

I love the fact other supporters hate him...
Super Mario10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby BMJ » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:09 pm

suarez7 wrote:It does look like he is trying to curb the cheating but to be fair 9/10 strikers would have done exactly the same thing suarez did on ramires...

I love the fact other supporters hate him...

I agree with that, although I think he is another half step above.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Super Mario10 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:12 pm

:lol:

Yeh if i supported another team he would make me foam at the mouth with anger but i honestly believe he is no worse than young or bale its just h gets highlighted more because he is a ''racist''...
Super Mario10
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League