Chelsea sack Roberto Di Matteo

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea sack Roberto Di Matteo

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

Chelsea have sacked manager Roberto Di Matteo following last nights 3-0 defeat at Juventus!

Did he deserve to get the Axe?

The Blues have been on a poor run recently and only won 2 of their last 8 games after starting the new season so well.

Any comments?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby BMJ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 pm

I think it's a good decision. Chelsea are in transition and will be for a while and they need someone that can define roles for the attacking talent they possess. I think RDM was out of his comfort zone in that respect. Sure he mobilised the troops for a CL triumph but during that time Chelsea were poor in the league only getting into this years competition by being holders.

Oscar, Mata, Hazard are a mouth watering combination on paper but I think the jury is still out whether or not they can all be on the pitch at the same time. In recent games it seems that they just rotate attacking responsibilities making it up on the spot. There's no structure and it's chaotic. Someone has to be the central orchestrator of attacking play, for me that player should be Mata.

Another problem for Chelsea is their defence. Sideshow Bob and Gary Cahill are just not good enough in the long run.
BMJ
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm

It was a crazy decision by RDM to drop Torres from last nights team and play against Juve without a striker.

The latest news is that if Pep Guardiola wont take over Chelsea now then Avram Grant will come in until end of the season!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Bren10 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Bit daft given his main target isnt available until next season. Also throw into the equation they are still in the UCL and contention for the title it seems even harsher. Abramovich wants a new style but both managers who have tried have been fired, he needs to make up his mind.
That said maybe theres a chance he has already got a new manager in the bag and thats the reason behind RDMs dismissal.
Bren10

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:20 pm

BMJ wrote:I think it's a good decision. Chelsea are in transition and will be for a while and they need someone that can define roles for the attacking talent they possess. I think RDM was out of his comfort zone in that respect. Sure he mobilised the troops for a CL triumph but during that time Chelsea were poor in the league only getting into this years competition by being holders.

is it a good decision though , it seems the level of success that Roman Abramovich is after is unrealistic considering the quality of opposition in todays game ....no club...including Barcelona , can win every trophy or every game played . How will you be able to attract quality players when you have no idea how long your manager will be around ...i would have given Di Matteo at least until christmas ....then if things had not improved give him the boot .

Anyway , i will laugh out loud if the new manager cannot improve things ...that would be really funny .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Tipster » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Looking on sky sports at the record of the last 8 games in charge before being sacked, RDM had the worst record of the lot. He was never first choice as manager, but given the job because he has won the champions league. He also has to be 'blamed' for not buying a striker that they so desperately need, as Torres is looking utter sh1te.

For failure to qualify from the group, and blowing a few point lead at the top of the premier league, he was actually right to sack him.

RDM came across as a very respectful, well controlled individual, who took what little defeats he had with grace and dignity. Sure he'll be in another job soon enough.
Last edited by Tipster on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 pm

it is a bit of a crazy situation really ...you win the FA Cup and Champions League ..you get sacked , a new manager comes in ...if he does not win a trophy thi season ..will he get sacked ... :lol:

The Champions League win was perhaps the only reason he was given a chance as full time manager ...i guess the match against Juventus was his last chance and Roman Abramovich had seen enough and wanted a change before things could get any worse ..
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Just been announced Benitez is going to replace the latest manager in the revolving door policy at Chelsea. Seems stupid to keep changing managers even though they have won several trophies over the years. I think in the long term, though, the model is not sustainable and Chelsea will suffer.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:30 pm

great ....Chelsea appoint a manager that the supporters have said they dont want , but as is always the case they will forget all that if Chelsea a start winning again .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby mrtz » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 pm

At least Rafa can't complain that he's not getting enough money from the owner this time around
mrtz
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm

I wonder if Rafael Benitez will be able to at least improve the poor current form of Fernando Torres?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby KimKallstrom2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

mrtz wrote:At least Rafa can't complain that he's not getting enough money from the owner this time around

To be honest he couldn't really even say that at Liverpool. More accurate is that the excuse won't wash this time.
KimKallstrom2
Young Pro
Young Pro

rafa definately chelsea manager

Postby miketr1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:53 pm

definately all true that rafa is taking over, found this online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0VlD0xD0k
miketr1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:35 am

I hope Chelsea get another good run with another interim manager :D
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:40 am

Was shocked to hear this form my son yesterday!
I think this decision is all that is wrong with Chelsea football club and football in general today!
I think Abromovich is a complete clown of a bloke quite frankly and i think the way he runs that club is embarrassing.
Dropping Torres is the best thing RDM did simple as that! The player has not performed up to his potential at all and i said it the other day the if i had to play with him up front he would drive me nuts. His decision making with the ball has been atrocious from the start of the season ,he has had more chances than any other striker on that team.

To cap this off they hire Benitez ffs! unbelievable!
So what we can predict to happen ,is that Rafa will ask for untold money to shape the team in his vision ,fail and get sacked within a year. I hope he messes up turns players like Obi Mikel and Ramirez against him and ARsenal sign them.
Best thing Rafa can do is resign Drogba from China give him the service Hazard ,Mata and Oscar have given Torres and watch Chelsea soar to the top of the table.
What a state of affairs going on at that club ,i am pretty sure there will be some kind of player backlash after this ,players must get disillusioned by the Russian's constant fiddling about. He's cheapening the league i'll tell you that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm very unusual in this respect, but I wouldn't want my club (Newcastle) to be in Chelsea's position. I want to be proud of my club, and Chelsea have not done anything to be proud of at all for many many years, in my opinion.

But, as I said, I'm unusual, and I believe that there may not be a sinlge Chelsea fan who would want Abramovich to leave the club. So they can't complain about his actions.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Return to Barclays Premier League