Chelsea v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:02 pm

Chelsea`s woes continued as they were beaten by in form West Brom , the 2-1 result means the Blues have now gone four games without a win and drop to 3rd in the table , it is a strange coincidence that West Brom also beat Chelsea last season at The Hawthorns which resulted in Andre Villas-Boas being sacked as Blues boss and former Baggies boss Roberto Di Matteo taking over .

****Breaking News****

Roberto Di Matteo has been sacked as Chelsea manager following their 3-0 Champions League defeat against Juventus , it is not known yet who will be in charge of the game against Man City on sunday .

Man City cruised past Aston Villa and moved to the top of the Premier League for the first time this season , the 5-0 win was their 36th home game without defeat in the league , this time there were no complaints from manager Roberto Mancini about his strikers ..Man City are now the only unbeaten side in the Premier League.
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 am

This will be new manager Rafael Benitez first game in charge but I don't see Chelsea winning at home against Man City.

Chelsea 1-1 Man City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby specnur » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:51 am

The two big spending, champions league bottlers bringing the league to international shame go head to head!
WIth two of the most overrated managers in football at the helm who knows what will happen and who cares?
I just hope it's a 0-0 draw and they slide down the table!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

I agree with you guys. This might be a draw. But I still hope for a Chelsea win though :D
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Did you know that Chelsea have won 20 times against Man City in the Premier League; only Tottenham (23) have been on the end of more defeats from the Blues.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Klaas Bruinsma » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:41 pm

Hams wrote:Did you know that Chelsea have won 20 times against Man City in the Premier League; only Tottenham (23) have been on the end of more defeats from the Blues.

Any more comments or predictions?

Chelsea has more winning chances than Manchester City.

Based on my source (last 29 matches)
Chelsea wins : 19
Draw : 4
Manchester City : 6.

Based on the current condition:
-Man City would like to take back the No.1 position from the Manchester United.
-New coach, new luck?

This gonna be a tough match for The Blues for sure.

We'll see as they host the Citizen.

My prediction is Chelsea 3 & Man.City go home with 2.

Go BLUES! 8)
Klaas Bruinsma
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Tipster » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:44 pm

I'm going for a DRAW in this one. 3-3 and 2-2 are the bets I've put on. Would have to go for 3-3 if any, as things will be different under a new manager. Maybe not enough time to get things sorted. Not enough organisation.

OSCAR, RAMIRES, and Luiz for Chelsea.

DZEKO, and Tevez for City
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Line ups

Chelsea:
Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cole; Ramires, Mikel; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Cahill, Bertrand, Romeu, Marin, Moses.

Manchester City:
Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov; Y Toure, Barry, Silva, Milner; Dzeko, Ageuro.

Subs: Pantilimon, Maicon, Nasri, Garcia, Kolo Toure, Tevez, Balotelli.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Torres is back in the starting line up for Chelsea.

Looking forward to watching this one and hope we don't get another 0-0 draw!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Rafa is a genius;
2010: World Club Champion with Inter
2008-09: Premier League runner-up with Liverpool
2007-08: Champions League semi-finalist with Liverpool
2006-07: Champions League runner-up with Liverpool
2005-06: FA Cup winner with Liverpool
2004-05: Wins Champions League with the most inexpensively assembled team in between 2000 and now (2012)
2003-04: Wins Spanish League and UEFA Cup with Valencia
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:51 pm

HT

Chelsea 0-0 Man City
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm

If anyone thinks that there is something slightly odd about Chelsea fans booing Benitez, this is the odd thing that you may not be able to put your finger on; fans in this situation (when a new manager has just arrived) usually boo the club owner rather than the manager.
Chelsea fans cannot say a bad word about Abramovich, since if it wasn't for him they wouldn't have won the league and Champions League, so they aim their frustration directly at the manager, instead. Simple psychology. I'm unusual in this respect, since I wouldn't want Abramovich to own my club (Newcastle). What I want is to be proud of my club, and I don't think Chelsea have done anything to be proud of for many many years, since any fool can pay money that leads to trophies. But, I'm unusual in this respect, and I can perfectly well see that most Chelsea fans cannot wish for Abramovich to leave, and will therefore vent all the criticism at Rafa.

Chelsea fans will never again enjoy any pleasure that they wouldn't have had before Abramovich arrived. That period is over, no matter how many CLs they win.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Postby Bren10 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Welcome back Rafa, weve all missed your really boring style of football and odd substitutions. Its just a shame he wont have time to waste more of Romans cash.
Shame RDM was fired, may have seen some goal mouth action this afternoon.
Bren10

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Bren10 wrote:Welcome back Rafa, weve all missed your really boring style of football and odd substitutions. Its just a shame he wont have time to waste more of Romans cash.
Shame RDM was fired, may have seen some goal mouth action this afternoon.

Spot on Bren10, I always thought Liverpool were a boring lumpy team to watch under Rafa. I'm actually quite happy Chelsea have made this decision. It may just mean Spurs finish above Chelsea this season!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:18 pm

FT

Chelsea 0-0 Man City

I'm sorry to admit it but I fell asleep during the 2nd half but it looks
like I didn't miss anything given that Chelsea only had 1 shot on target during the 90 minutes!

This was the first time I can ever remember home fans actually booing their new manager before his first game in charge.

Any more thoughts on todays bore draw?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:59 am

Hams wrote:Image

Should Rafa turn things around for Chelsea and miraculously win the league, I would love to see those fans eat those signs.
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby ISack » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Torres was really poor during this game, stumbling his runs and on quiet a few occasions blindly running into players.
Kompany had really good game (man of the match). A real leader made a poor Torres look awful.
Both managers didn't want to take any risks to try and win the game.
City were by far the better team, and controlled the match. And will be happy having controlled an away game against a top four team and gaining a point.
ISack
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Boris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm

OWEN_ENG wrote:
Hams wrote:Image

Should Rafa turn things around for Chelsea and miraculously win the league, I would love to see those fans eat those signs.

Their tiny signs are some how more pathetic than their stupid plastic flags :lol:
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

The Chelsea fans are trying to kid us that they are treating Rafa in that way because of some silly comments he made in the past. It's obvious that they are venting frustration on him that they cannot vent on their owner since he is the 'founder of their feast'. I'm not blaming Chelsea fans, other clubs' fans would be the same, if they were owned by someone who had so obviously given them trophies that other owners couldn't provide.

By the way, doesn't this situation just prove that money doesn't buy happiness in football?

They won the Champions League, and can win the league this year, and are still owned by the man who brought them those honours, yet they are still no happier than the fans of other clubs.

Abramovich has created a monster, which now demands Champions League wins, instead of thanking him graciously for them. Is he really going to hang around much longer. I mean, in your youth, didn't you use to get bored with playing Football Manager once you had won the league 10 times?
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned

Return to Barclays Premier League