FA Cup Round 3 - 2012/13

Let us know your thoughts on this years competition! Can anyone break the dominance of the big four?

Moderator: Moderators

FA Cup Round 3 - 2012/13

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Crystal Palace v Stoke City

Brighton and Hove Albion v Newcastle United

Tottenham Hotspur v Coventry City

Wigan Athletic v AFC Bournemouth

Fulham v Blackpool

Aston Villa v Ipswich

Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Town

Barrow or Macclesfield v Cardiff City

Barnsley v Burnley

Manchester City v Watford

Swansea City v Arsenal

Leicester City v Burton Albion

Millwall v Preston North End

Cheltenham v Everton

Derby County v Tranmere Rovers

Crawley Town v Reading

Aldershot Town v Rotherham

Middlesbrough v Hastings

Oxford v Sheffield United

Southampton v Chelsea

QPR v West Bromwich Albion

Peterborough United v Norwich City

Mansfield v Liverpool

Bolton Wanderers v Sunderland

Nottingham Forest v Oldham Athletic

West Ham v Manchester United

Hull City v Leyton Orient

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City

Leeds United v Birmingham City

Southend v Brentford

Luton Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Sheffield Wednesday v Milton Keynes Dons

Matches to be played weekend January 5-6
Last edited by Hams on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Typical!

I was hoping that West Ham might go on a good FA cup run this year but then we were drawn against Man Utd!

Any comments on the draw and who will your team be playing?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Big Jono » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:24 pm

Should take care of Coventry pretty easily.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30479
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Hams » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 am

Big Jono wrote:Should take care of Coventry pretty easily.


Its a re run of the 1987 FA Cup final but this Coventry side are now in the third tier of English football.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 am

Im sure that must have been one of the finals my Dad used to wake me up for in the middle of the night when I was a kid.
User avatar
Big Jono
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 30479
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:22 pm

Postby Billy.yes.mates » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Hams wrote:
Big Jono wrote:Should take care of Coventry pretty easily.


Its a re run of the 1987 FA Cup final but this Coventry side are now in the third tier of English football.


Yeah, you could be talking 5 or 6 to Spurs easily here I think.
Billy.yes.mates
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 pm
Location: North England/UK

Postby Hams » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:01 am

Billy.yes.mates wrote:
Hams wrote:
Big Jono wrote:Should take care of Coventry pretty easily.


Its a re run of the 1987 FA Cup final but this Coventry side are now in the third tier of English football.


Yeah, you could be talking 5 or 6 to Spurs easily here I think.


Welcome to the forum Billy.

I read your first post in our non league section about Darlington the other day

It would be an even bigger shock this time if Coventry were to repeat that famous 3-2 victory!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Sat 5th Jan Brighton & Hove Albion v Newcastle United FA Cup 3rd Round 12:30 ITV1 / ITV1 HD
Sat 5th Jan West Ham v Man Utd FA Cup 3rd Round 17:15 ITV1 / ITV1 HD

So the Hammers game against Man Utd will be live on TV. lets see if we can produce a cup upset for the viewers!
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Sat 05/01/13
Brighton & Hov… 12 : 30 Newcastle United
Crystal Palace 15 : 00 Stoke City
Tottenham Hotspur 15 : 00 Coventry City
Wigan Athletic 15 : 00 AFC Bournemouth
Fulham 15 : 00 Blackpool
Aston Villa 15 : 00 Ipswich Town
Charlton Athletic 15 : 00 Huddersfield Town
Macclesfield Town 15 : 00 Cardiff City
Barnsley 15 : 00 Burnley
Manchester City 15 : 00 Watford
Leicester City 15 : 00 Burton Albion
Millwall 15 : 00 Preston North End
Derby County 15 : 00 Tranmere Rovers
Crawley Town 15 : 00 Reading
Aldershot Town 15 : 00 Rotherham United
Middlesbrough 15 : 00 Hastings United
Oxford United 15 : 00 Sheffield United
Southampton 15 : 00 Chelsea
Queens Park Ra… 15 : 00 West Bromwich
Peterborough U… 15 : 00 Norwich City
Bolton Wanderers 15 : 00 Sunderland
Nottingham Forest 15 : 00 Oldham Athletic
Hull City 15 : 00 Leyton Orient
Blackburn Rovers 15 : 00 Bristol City
Leeds United 15 : 00 Birmingham City
Southend United 15 : 00 Brentford
Luton Town 15 : 00 Wolverhampton …
Sheffield Wedn… 15 : 00 Milton Keynes Dons
West Ham United 17 : 15 Manchester United

Sun 06/01/13
Swansea City 13 : 30 Arsenal
Mansfield Town 16 : 00 Liverpool

Mon 07/01/13
Cheltenham Town 19 : 45 Everton
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Hastings FC from the Isthmian league are the lowest ranked side left in the competition and travel away to Middlesbrough.

Other ties to look out for are Mansfield who are are at home against Liverpool and Luton Town who take on Wolverhampton.

The best game in this round is still the clash between West Ham and Man Utd which will be live on ITV on the Saturday afternoon.

Do you see any possible FA Cup upsets?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I will never leave the house again if Mansfield beat Liverpool...the way Liverpool are right now it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did cause the huge upset.
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10869
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Conner99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 pm

well ..you can get everything online these days so being stuck in the house would not be too bad for you .... :wink:
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm

If I was going to bet any money on an FA Cup upset I would stick a few quid on Luton to beat Wolves.

The Hatters are not doing so badly in the BS Premier and will backed by a full house while there opponents are struggling in the Championship.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 39953
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm

The FA Cup 3rd round is the most boring weekend of the footballing calendar.
I like the FA Cup, and would dearly love Newcastle to win it, or even get to the semi-final, but the 3rd round of it is extremely boring.

Not looking forward to this weekend.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:The FA Cup 3rd round is the most boring weekend of the footballing calendar.
I like the FA Cup, and would dearly love Newcastle to win it, or even get to the semi-final, but the 3rd round of it is extremely boring.

Not looking forward to this weekend.


Ah Nick, don't dis the FA Cup, sure it may be a tad predictable but you know for sure that one of the big clubs WILL be beat by a 'small' club this weekend. That is the draw of the cup......just hope it isn't Spurs this year! Looking forward to Spurs 2 Coventry 0. Up the Spurs!
User avatar
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Location: Leeds

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Pickleman1967 wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:The FA Cup 3rd round is the most boring weekend of the footballing calendar.
I like the FA Cup, and would dearly love Newcastle to win it, or even get to the semi-final, but the 3rd round of it is extremely boring.

Not looking forward to this weekend.


Ah Nick, don't dis the FA Cup, sure it may be a tad predictable but you know for sure that one of the big clubs WILL be beat by a 'small' club this weekend. That is the draw of the cup......just hope it isn't Spurs this year! Looking forward to Spurs 2 Coventry 0. Up the Spurs!


I didn't dis the FA Cup - I said I'd love it if the Toon got to the semi-final.
But because I have respect for it, I am honest, and say that it's 3rd round is the most boring weekend in the footballing calendar. And frankly, I don't get excited about upsets in the 3rd round.
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

perspective

Postby THISisFootball » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:01 am

People need to keep the proper perspective on this. The league is more important.

People slag Arsenal supporters for not winning a trophy in a while. But, winning a CL berth is MUCH more important than winning the FA Cup.

"Giantkillers" must keep things in perspective. You killed a giant solely because this trophy isn't as important to them. Don't get ahead of yourself.
THISisFootball
Grass Roots
Grass Roots
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:24 am

Postby knabby crackers » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 am

We will be playing the Trannies at Pride Park this afternoon and I'm forecasting a ...........

Rams 3-1 Trannies

............win for the Rams, the latest whispers indicate that Nigel will stick with 'Crackers' Jacobs up front with Codhead and that Keiron Freeman will retain the left-back berth so it looks like more bench warming time for Tosspot Tyson and Teflon Robinson.

Bryson, Buxton, Ward and Roberts are all very doubtful due to an assortment of injuries and I would be surprised if any make the matchday squad.
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Derby

Postby NickKIELCEPoland » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:52 pm

There are now Toon fans who want Pardew sacked. Plus, there have been rumours that a shock Kevin Keegan appointment could be imminent. No, I'm only joking ;)
NickKIELCEPoland
Banned
Banned
 
Posts: 3523
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 am
Location: Lublin, Poland

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:59 pm

NickKIELCEPoland wrote:
Pickleman1967 wrote:
NickKIELCEPoland wrote:The FA Cup 3rd round is the most boring weekend of the footballing calendar.
I like the FA Cup, and would dearly love Newcastle to win it, or even get to the semi-final, but the 3rd round of it is extremely boring.

Not looking forward to this weekend.


Ah Nick, don't dis the FA Cup, sure it may be a tad predictable but you know for sure that one of the big clubs WILL be beat by a 'small' club this weekend. That is the draw of the cup......just hope it isn't Spurs this year! Looking forward to Spurs 2 Coventry 0. Up the Spurs!


I didn't dis the FA Cup - I said I'd love it if the Toon got to the semi-final.
But because I have respect for it, I am honest, and say that it's 3rd round is the most boring weekend in the footballing calendar. And frankly, I don't get excited about upsets in the 3rd round.


OK Nick, but don't tell me the Swansea, Newcastle, Sunderland, Wigan or Wolves games were boring and predictable! Always entertaining to see some 'big time charlies' struggle against the 'wee' clubs!
User avatar
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:20 pm
Location: Leeds

Next

Return to FA Cup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest