Everton v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Everton v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Everton battled hard against Man City and came away from the Etihad with a well earned point , it continued the impressive head to head record that David Moyes has had over Roberto Mancini ..only 1 loss in 7 league games against Man City . It was frustrating for David Moyes as he felt the penalty that allowed Man City to equalise was a bad decision .."The fourth official told me that it was given for a foul by Leon Osman, so I've got my doubts if the referee saw the incident. But even if it was Fellaini, it's not a penalty kick, nowhere near".

Tottenham enjoyed a 3-0 win over Fulham and moved to 4th in the table ...it was a frustrating day though for Gareth Bale who was booked for the second match running for diving ...and then had t limp off with a hamstring problem , manager Andre Vila-Boas though insisted Bale had been unfairly booked over the last few games .."He is now very near suspension for two unfair yellow cards and I think you gain a reputation for being a diver unfairly sometimes. This player has suffered a lot in his career."It's a little bit harsh on him."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Bale is a big loss but to make some good out of it I would move Dempsey out to the wing and bring in Adebayor to support Defoe. We need the height at set peices to negate the likes of Fellaini and Jelavic.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am

This should be a quality game to watch between two sides who are in good form at the moment and I predict a high scoring draw.

Everton 2-2 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am

Did you know that Tottenham have gone 12 games without a draw in the Premier League.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby OWEN_ENG » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm

excited to watch this one but I don't think it will be televised due to the city and liv games here...

I think a draw is reasonable expectation in this one
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:37 pm

Line ups

Everton:
Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini, Mirallas, Jelavic;

Subs: Mucha, Heitinga, Oviedo, Naismith, Hitzlsperger, Barkley, Vellios

Tottenham:
Lloris, Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey, Adebayor, Defoe;

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Huddlestone, Townsend, Livermore, Falque, Sigurdsson
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:38 pm

Gareth Bale is out with a hamstring injury so Spurs boss AVB has decided to play with both Defoe and Adebayor up front.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:55 pm

HT

Everton 0-0 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm

FT

Everton 2-1 Tottenham
0-1 Dempsey 76'
1-1 Pienaar 90'+1
2-1 Jelavic 90'+2

What a comeback by Everton with 2 goals in injury time to win the 3 points!

Any comments on todays result?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 am

Gutted! Knew it would be tough to come away with 3 points but to lose like that after putting in the hard yards all game shows a lack of... something!

Oh well, we have a realitively less daunting run of games coming up now. Heres hoping we cna get some wins on the board again.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 am

The away fans were singing "Are you watching Arsenal?!" with 2 minutes left on the clock :lol: :oops:

Anyway, AVB needs to address this pathetic bottling at the end of matches. I read a stat that if all league games this season finished after 80 minutes, Spurs would be two points clear of Man Utd at the top of the table! :evil:

I can't for the life of me understand why he took Defoe off for Jago Falque on 85 minutes. It really pisses me off when managers try to make cute substitutions; why?! We were well in control of the game at that stage - Everton weren't getting a sniff. By taking off Defoe, Moyes knew that there was no threat to his defence, no pacey Defoe to worry about, so the game could effectively be played in our half. The rest is history. He obviously went 4-5-1 with Falque dropping into midfield, but Falque is inexperienced, small and slight - it made no sense to me. If he chucked on the taller and stronger Livermore I could see some logic in it, even though I think he should have left it - there was no need for a substitution as we were in control!

Caulker's clearance which led to the equaliser kind of sums up Spurs - a typical, shitmyself half clearance born out of complete panic. I'm sick of this, but used to it :?
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Return to Barclays Premier League