Liverpool v Aston Villa

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Aston Villa

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Liverpool came from behind to beat West Ham 3-2 and are now 10th in the Premier League ....it was the first time they had achieved consecutive since December of last year ....

Aston Villa remain in danger ..just 2 points from the relegation zone after a 0-0 draw with Stoke , despite most of the ball Villa could not find a way through the Stoke defence and manager Paul Lambert will want his side to improve soon if they are to get up the table and away from danger .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Did you know that Aston Villa have won just one of their last 16 Premier League away matches (W1 D6 L9), scoring just seven goals in that run.

Any comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby redpelt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Lambert always seemed to have Rodgers sussed when it came to Swansea v Norwich games ,so with that
in mind ,I think this game wont be as straightforward as some reds fans would have you believe .

A tight game ,with the reds maybe shading it 1-0 ,with Suarez missing (SHOCK HORROR ) our first
awarded penalty of the season
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:16 am

Unfortunately, our decent form is catching the eye of the media and now we're almost expected to be 4th by January. Thanks for the distraction, media :roll:

That in mind, i wouldn't rule out a shifty performance. I think we'll struggle to get more than 2 but i can't see Villa scoring against us on our own turf. Their performances away have been really shocking for their standards.

As a Liverpool fan I'm hoping we can keep on track to challenge amongst the several teams battling for Champions League football. Of course, 4th would look good for our transfer targets.

1-0
Jonjo Shelvey second half super sub.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:32 am

Davey1 wrote:Unfortunately, our decent form is catching the eye of the media and now we're almost expected to be 4th by January. Thanks for the distraction, media :roll:

well ...your own manager is apparently thinking about Liverpool getting as high as second ...Brendon Rodgers has said "We lie four points off the top four," ."For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:47 am

Conner99 wrote:
Davey1 wrote:Unfortunately, our decent form is catching the eye of the media and now we're almost expected to be 4th by January. Thanks for the distraction, media :roll:

well ...your own manager is apparently thinking about Liverpool getting as high as second ...Brendon Rodgers has said "We lie four points off the top four," ."For me the ambition is to grow higher. We are 11 points off second and that can all turn around very quickly."

Yeah, it's the "I'd be a mad man to let Carroll go" all over again. He'll be left with egg on his face if we don't win our home games this month.

If we were 4th, comfortably sitting 4th, I'd understand... but we're 10th! and he's talking about finishing above the champions with one striker! I like Brendan, he's a decentcoach and a decent tactician but he don't half talk shi... sometimes.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:53 pm

Line ups

Liverpool:
Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing, Allen, Lucas, Gerrard, Sterling, Shelvey, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Wisdom, Carragher, Coates, Henderson, Cole, Suso.

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark, Lichaj, Holman, Westwood, Bannan,Herd, Weimann, Benteke.

Subs: Given, Bennett, Albrighton, Delph, N'Zogbia, El Ahmadi, Bowery.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:51 pm

This is just ridiculous
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm

HT

Liverpool 0-2 Aston Villa

Christian Benteke was the star of the show in the 1st half scoring the first and setting up Villa's 2nd.

Could the Reds get back into the match or is it all over?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:48 pm

To be honest this result doesnt surprise me the way our season has gone,we dont deserve anything when we have players such as Downing,Cole and Henderson in our team...

Very poor but no surprise.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:02 pm

FT

Liverpool 1-3 Aston Villa
0-1 Benteke 29’
0-2 Weimann 40’
0-3 Benteke 51’
1-3 Gerrard 87’

Any more comments on todays result?

What went wrong for Liverpool at Anfield today?

Will Brendan Rodgers make any more claims that the Reds could finish in 2nd?

Is Christian Benteke one of the signings of the season as none of us had heard of the Belgian striker.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Hams wrote:FT

0-1 Benteke 29’
0-2 Weimann 40’
0-3 Benteke 51’
1-3 Gerrard 87’

they only scored once while Aston Villa score three times ... :P
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Conner99 wrote:
Hams wrote:FT

0-1 Benteke 29’
0-2 Weimann 40’
0-3 Benteke 51’
1-3 Gerrard 87’

they only scored once while Aston Villa score three times ... :P

I had bet on Liverpool to win today but this defeat has completely buggered up my plans and its not good enough!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby redpelt » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 pm

I said it would be tight (which smiley do you use for sarcasm ?) ,but Liverpool were simply
woeful in the final third ,I think we could have played all night and the result would still be
in Villas favour

We need to put this result behind us quickly ,because it was quite simply devoid of any
positives ....Well done Villa and Lambert ,played as a team and it paid dividends .

As for the fans who left before we sang YNWA ,you do (looking for that sarcasm smiley again)
your team proud .
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Davey1 wrote:
Conner99 wrote:

Yeah, it's the "I'd be a mad man to let Carroll go" all over again. He'll be left with egg on his face if we don't win our home games this month.

Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Davey1 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 pm

71% possession
10 shots on target
1 goal

The stats favour us but the level of a select few performances we were poor.

It's easy to say get the manager out or get players in-get players out but at the end of the day, Rodgers had his budget, he took the job and he didn't do good enough in the transfer market. We really need some experienced support to help us with the financial side, and talent side. Not Comoli.

I trust in Brendan Rodgers to eventually get the deadwood out and hopefully get the right players for the right positions we need. Cover for left back, a creative winger who can score and cover up front.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:21 pm

I thought Villa were worth the win all day long. Liverpool are a good side but they won't be pulling up any trees this season. Any 'Scallys' out there who thinks The 'Pool might challenge for honours this season is living in a fantasy world.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a clown Brenda Rodgers is. It's his own fault for the media talking up Liverpool. The fact that ex-Liverpool players are dotted all around BBC, Sky and radio stations like Talksport will only increase the spotlight on them. God knows why though because they are not a big club anymore. Maybe in stature but in terms of competing at the top table of football, they have no relevance.

Liverpool are the Madonna of football. Big in the Eighties, but tragically outdated now and frankly not important anymore.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Davey1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am

I'd be happy with an improvement on last seasons 8th. If we did manage to finish 4th (would have to do well in January, transfer-wise and result-wise) I'd be over the moon! Getting into the champions league would be like a second chance to get some really talented players that play in the champions league. With the competition for 4th spot, i think our chances are slim. We will have to see how January plays out.
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:29 am

Johaldo8 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

What a clown Brenda Rodgers is. It's his own fault for the media talking up Liverpool. The fact that ex-Liverpool players are dotted all around BBC, Sky and radio stations like Talksport will only increase the spotlight on them. God knows why though because they are not a big club anymore. Maybe in stature but in terms of competing at the top table of football, they have no relevance.

Liverpool are the Madonna of football. Big in the Eighties, but tragically outdated now and frankly not important anymore.

You have done that joke before...

But if Liverpool are Madonna,big in the eighties winning plenty of awards along the way,making a comeback years after to win more awards..

Then surely Spurs are Bros of football,threatened to make it big in the eighties winning a few awards but then fell rapidly from the limelight snd haven't been seen since...

How a Spurs fan can laugh at Liverpool is beyond a joke when your team has no history whatsoever.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League