Nottingham Forest

All The latest fixtures,results,tables and discussion from the 4th biggest league in European football.

Moderator: Moderators

Nottingham Forest

Postby Hams » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 pm

Nottingham Forest have sacked their manager Sean O'Driscoll despite beating Leeds 4-2 today!

It appears that the clubs owner wants to change of coach for someone with Premier League experience!

Do you agree with this strange decision? - Who do you think will be the next boss in the hot seat at the City ground?
Last edited by Hams on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Tipster » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 am

He was at Crawley town when they hired him, now he's had some experience at what some might call a top club, AND he's no doubt got a big pay off. What's not to like?

I'm sure he'll find someone else.

I remember Forest saying they wanted a big name manager. Then they went and got O'Driscoll. How I laughed at this big name signing.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

I feel sorry for Forest as ex Brum and Villa boss Alex McLeish is now the favourite to take over at the City Ground!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby knabby crackers » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exit O'Drizzle the Tea Towel Brigade's 'big name manager', and now we are told that Ginner McLeish is the favourite to replace him, you couldn't make it up, its the panto season and this one is straight from 'The Arabian Nights'. Klogger Keane was at the Red Scum game against the DYS yesterday and the 'fans' were wetting themselves thinking that the Prodigal Son was going to park his Porsche in the manager's space at the Shitty Ground.

Long may the turmoil continue, they should remember that 'You reap that which you sow'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:34 pm

I guess most Derby fans will delighted at this turn of events especially if Forest suddenly suffer a collapse in form and drop down the table!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh dear!!

Alex McLeish has been appointed as the new manager of Nottingham Forest.

Any comments on this crazy decision?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby knabby crackers » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 pm

Hams wrote:Oh dear!!

Alex McLeish has been appointed as the new manager of Nottingham Forest.

Any comments on this crazy decision?

I would have preferred Paul Jewell, however McLeish is just marginally better so I suppose we have to be grateful for small mercies.

:lol:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Alex McLeish has left Nottingham Forest by mutual consent after 40 days, he has confirmed through the LMA.

I guess this is all down to the incident last week when the club backed out of signing George Boyd from Posh and claimed he had an eye problem.

Any comments on this latest drama at the City ground?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:02 pm

Billy Davies is to return for a second spell as Nottingham Forest manager just 18 months after leaving the City ground.

Any comments on the return of the fans favourite?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hoop45 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Forest are rapidly becoming a bit of a farce under their new owners. I thought initially they had made a strong appointment in Sean O'Driscoll, but didn't give him anywhere near enough time to mount a serious promotion bid. That particular story was made all the more bizarre after they sacked him following a big win over Leeds.

Alex McLeish was a poor choice to succeed O'Driscoll in the first place in my view, but even he has been treated badly. I would imagine the Scot was lured to Forest by the promise of money being spent, but it seems the owners utterly disregarded their manager's transfer targets and instead seemed intent on pursuing their own. The laughable George Boyd saga is evidence of this.

Billy Davies' arrival seems like an attempt to appease the fans, who must be growing very agitated after the latest debacle. Whether or not he can bring success to Forest under such a barmy regime though, is anyone's guess.
Hoop45
Legend
Legend

Postby Billy.yes.mates » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 am

I could never understand Alex McLeish going to Nottingham Forest but still it's crazy they guy has left after only 40 day's as gaffer, even if he is not talented as a boss which I don't think he iws, but i'm sure he deserved better than this. I think I am almost as shocked Billy Davies has returned as Boss - though he did wonders in his first spell as boss, I have my reservations if it'll even work for him now - given Forest want instant sucsess!
Billy.yes.mates
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby knabby crackers » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:41 pm

:lol:

Tee hee, the Haggis Yaffling Short Arse returns and the Red Scummers are wetting themselves, they think that he will be the panacea for all that is wrong at the Shitty Ground, I wouldn't trust the Tea Towel Brigade as far as I could throw them and I envisage disagreements between the HYSA and them sooner rather than later.

Long may the chaos continue!!!

:wink:
knabby crackers
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Billy.yes.mates » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 pm

I am suprised here that Nottingham Forest have not tried to make a serious move for Nigel Clough. A lot have called him from what i've gatherd on the 'net and admitted him moving would not go down well considering his role as Derby Boss but

I admire his progress which has to be noted intensley year on yearto gain a true picture I think, but i often now wonder if he'll be a one-club Manager but Nigel at say a Team with Money butnot a rich one but comfortably well off - he could do wonder's I think and Forest are an ace example I think.
Billy.yes.mates
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Return to Sky Bet Championship