Reading v West Ham - 29th December

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Reading v West Ham - 29th December

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Reading drew their last game 0-0 at home against Swansea to end a long run of successive defeats.

West Ham lost their last game 2-1 at home to Everton thanks to a terrible display by referee Anthony Taylor.

The Hammers were successful in their appeal on Carlton Cole's red card so he will be available to play upfront.

In this fixture last season the Royals Jimmy Kebe showed West Ham a massive disrespect by stopping the play to roll his socks up.

Any comments or predictions?

Will floody come out of hiding and show up on the forum?

Reading 0-1 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Almeida » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm

floody will only show up if reading win this game, i assume :lol: which wont happen anyway.)

thanx for info about c.c. hams. his being in the line up increases our chances.

i will try to be on line here during the match, so see you tomorrow...)))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:23 pm

Almeida wrote:floody will only show up if reading win this game, i assume :lol: which wont happen anyway.)

thanx for info about c.c. hams. his being in the line up increases our chances.

i will try to be on line here during the match, so see you tomorrow...)))

Floody must have met a girl who doesn't like watching football and she wont let him post on the forum.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Its very wet and windy in Reading today but despite the poor
weather I expect West Ham to earn at least a point and I would be extremely disappointed if we lost to this mob.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Line ups

READING:
Federici, Gunter, Harte, Mariappa, Pearce, Karacan, Leigertwood, McAnuff, Kebe; Guthrie, Pogrebnyak.

Subs: Taylor, Cummings, Morrison, Tabb, Robson-Kanu, Church, Le Fondre.

WEST HAM:
Jaaskelainen, Tomkins, Reid, Collins, O'Brien, Noble, O'Neil, Nolan, Taylor, Jarvis, Cole.

Subs: Spiegel, Demel, Spence, Diarra, Collison, Vaz Te, Maiga.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Its great to see both Jack Collison and Ricardo Vaz Te back in the Hammers squad and on the subs bench today.

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:54 pm

HT

Reading 1-0 West Ham

An awful back pass from James Collins let Reading's Russian striker put them 1-0 up after just 5 minutes.

We really need to play better in the 2nd half as it would be a crime if we lost again to this mickey mouse club.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby MatchFixer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Hams wrote:HT

Reading 1-0 West Ham

An awful back pass from James Collins let Reading's Russian striker put them 1-0 up after just 5 minutes.

We really need to play better in the 2nd half as it would be a crime if we lost again to this mickey mouse club.

To be fair, Mickey Mouse has provided years of entertainment and never lost. ;)
MatchFixer
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Almeida » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:02 pm

it was just wooden pogrebnyak, ffs!!
as soon as he came out one on one i was pretty much sure he'd blow it :lol: poor goalkeeping from jaaskie, really. should have just stayed still and seen pogreb screwing it up. that's all that was needed. instead he tumbled down untimely and allowed him to score easily.

disappointing display so far. we are lacking on shots as usual, and the only threat we are creating is them good old crosses which cound not bring us any benefit in the end of the day.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:05 pm

MatchFixer wrote:
Hams wrote:HT

Reading 1-0 West Ham

To be fair, Mickey Mouse has provided years of entertainment and never lost. ;)

I always preferred Tom and Jerry! :lol:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Almeida wrote:it was just wooden pogrebnyak, ffs!!
as soon as he came out one on one i was pretty much sure he'd blow it :lol: poor goalkeeping from jaaskie, really. should have just stayed still and seen pogreb screwing it up. that's all that was needed. instead he tumbled down untimely and allowed him to score easily.

disappointing display so far. we are lacking on shots as usual, and the only threat we are creating is them good old crosses which cound not bring us any benefit in the end of the day.

Hopefully Vaz Te will get some action in the 2nd period!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:00 pm

FT

Reading 1-0 West Ham
1-0 Pogrebnyak 5’

I cant believe that we lost this game!

We had more of the ball and put in many crosses but lacked any creativity or threat upfront.

It was an awful mistake by James Collins to give them the 3 points.

West Ham today were like a man on a night out asking lots of women to dance but being constantly rejected.

Sam Allardyce must bring some new players in or we will be in danger of going down.

Reading should still be relegated even though they won this game today.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:38 pm

eh, hams... i also cant believe we lost this game as, to tell you the truth, i expected us to totatlly dominate this game at least for once since long. but we werent able to do that even playing against the rockbottom team. depressing.

what depresses even more is the impotance shown by the team today. i thought things must be coming to normal when we started the second half more actively, but this enthusiasm died down very quickly as did our pressure. i didnt like that attitude at all. i mean the players' attitude, of course. it seems like there are some of them in the squad who simply either cant or for some reasons dont want to give their best to the club. only this can explain the resignation and submission with which they were finishing this game.

all in all, this game itself could serve as a good indicator of how important really were those players who are now injured. it's just them who were accountable for the high spots in the table that we used to enjoy back a few weeks ago. and we can see now that without those players west ham as a club is to fight for relegation.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm

beaten by Reading ....oh the shame of it ...a game i thought would be a doddle for West Ham .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Conner99 wrote:beaten by Reading ....oh the shame of it ...a game i thought would be a doddle for West Ham .

It was never going to be a doddle Conner!
Reading always seem to raise their game when they play West Ham and their tin pot fans must have thought they'd won the world cup today the way they carried on. :P
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 pm

spot on, hams.

a reading fan awoken tomorrow...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU[/video]
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am

:lol:

I can still hear them celebrating in the pubs of Reading although Floody must already be in bed by 11pm.

I agree with your previous comments Almeida that some of our players are not giving their best for West Ham at the moment.

Maybe they think that now were back in the PL they can just relax and sit back and earn lots of money doing nothing.

Well it doesn't work like that for me and the first player who should say sorry for this pathetic display is our captain Kevin Nolan.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 am

yeah, he was nonexistent again. his name was hardly mentioned. c.c. at least tryed to do something. he definitely is standing our in this squad at the moment. but what can he contrive on his own out there? i even feel sorry for him.))
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Conner99 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:07 pm

it wasnt a good game for either team....only 5 shots on target between the two teams ...1 being the goal of course .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:30 pm

Conner99 wrote:it wasnt a good game for either team....only 5 shots on target between the two teams ...1 being the goal of course .

According to Soccerway.com West Ham had 62% possession,3 shots on target and 4 that went wide which was more than Reading.

If it wasn't for that awful back pass by James Collins they would never have scored and we might have gone on to win this one.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League