Sunderland v Tottenham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Sunderland v Tottenham

Postby Conner99 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Sunderland dealt a blow to Man City`s title hopes as they beat the Premier League champions 1-0 at the Stadium of Light . It was their third win in four games and manager Martin O`Neil has seen his side go from the bottom three to a much better position of 13th in the table.....

Tottenham enjoyed a 4-0 romp at Aston Villa ...Gareth Bale helping himself to a hatrick , the win moved them back into 4th place and manager Andre Villas-Boas said after the match .."It was very good from start to finish. We fully deserved it."
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 am

Hmm, I'm thinking Spurs have the weapons to hurt Sunderland but they will be a tougher nut to crack than Villa were. Two teams in fine form, high in confidence, the head says draw but the heart has to say away win. Sunderland 0 Spurs 1.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Did you know that Tottenham have won just one of their last seven Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light (W1 D3 L3).

Any more comments or predictions?

Sunderland 1-1 Tottenham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Line ups

SUNDERLAND:
Mignolet; Gardner, Kilgallon, O'Shea, Cuellar; Larsson, Colback, Johnson, McClean; Sessegnon, Fletcher

Subs - Campbell, Wickham, McFadden, Vaughan, Dong-won, Bramble, Westwood

TOTTENHAM:
Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton, Lennon, Dembele, Sandro, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe

Subs - Friedel, Vertonghen, Huddlestone, Livermore, Parker, Dempsey, Sigurdsson
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 pm

1-0 Sunderland

Tap in from the clinical John O'shea
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:36 pm

That was the Black cats captain's first ever goal for Sunderland.

Tottenham are a little unlucky to be 1-0 down at the break as they dominated the 1st half.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm

What a turnaround at the start of the 2nd half!

Spurs now lead 2-1 after an OG by Cuellar and some neat work from Lennon.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:43 pm

FT

Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham
1-0 O'Shea 40'
1-1 Cuéllar 48’ (o.g.)
1-2 Lennon 51’

Any comments on todays result?

Was it a deserved win for Spurs?

Did Bale try and dive again for which he was booked to win a penalty?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Phew! Real nail biter, credit to Sunderland they kept on plugging away and could have snatched it in the final minutes. A massive win for Tottenham, feeling groovy! :D
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Big Jono » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 pm

This is getting beyond a . joke now! Referees punishing Bale for his (admittedly self gained) reputation by denying him penalties and carding him when he is legitimately fouled.

He now has to miss a game for amassing 5 bookings when three of them have been without a doubt 100% .!

The tv had a great low shot from behind of the tackle today and their knees clearly collided, nevermind the grab aswell. The contact was definitely enough to bring him down and ive seen plenty legitimately given for a lot less.

Now on the last day of when 5 bookings give a player a 1 game ban Bale picks up his 5th only 2 of which were legitimate and he has to miss an important game!

Im bloody livid!
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Big Jono » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Anywho, on to the game. We dominated it and should have won by more. Great counterattacking and forward structure was dangerous all game.

We are putting a nice little run of wins together now in this tough festive period, I hope we can keep it up.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Big Jono wrote:This is getting beyond a . joke now! Referees punishing Bale for his (admittedly self gained) reputation by denying him penalties and carding him when he is legitimately fouled.

He now has to miss a game for amassing 5 bookings when three of them have been without a doubt 100% .!

The tv had a great low shot from behind of the tackle today and their knees clearly collided, nevermind the grab aswell. The contact was definitely enough to bring him down and ive seen plenty legitimately given for a lot less.

Now on the last day of when 5 bookings give a player a 1 game ban Bale picks up his 5th only 2 of which were legitimate and he has to miss an important game!

Im bloody livid!

:lol:

No way was that a foul,not in a million years mate...the player involved moved his leg at the last minute,their knees clashed slightly but not enough to knock a 4 year old over never mind Bale...

He deserves it and it is good to see.
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:36 pm

:roll:

Should have gone to Specsavers 8)

A clear penalty, and I called it live - didn't need the replay. Gardner bangs his knee into Bale's leg as well as wrap his arm across the Welshman.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Big Jono wrote:This is getting beyond a . joke now! Referees punishing Bale for his (admittedly self gained) reputation by denying him penalties and carding him when he is legitimately fouled.

Im bloody livid!

:lol:

No way was that a foul,not in a million years mate...the player involved moved his leg at the last minute,their knees clashed slightly but not enough to knock a 4 year old over never mind Bale...

He deserves it and it is good to see.

Gazza, I'm not going to rant against your post as I think Bale was an ass for saying what he said about diving earlier this year. He set himself up as the referee's Public Enemy No.1, so he really can't complain if the decisions go against him now. As a Spurs fan I love him to bits, but he clearly left his brains in the fridge when he made those comments. Don't take QPR too lightly chum, Harry is looking for points!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:41 pm

I was livid watxhing this game, and still am. No, not because of the Bale incident, but because we should have put away crappy Sunderland long before the final whistle.

4-1 would have been a fairer reflection of our dominance. Ridiculous the amount of clear chances we missed. Jono you are right, the forward structure in our football was a joy to watch, but you have to put those chances away.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 pm

The way i see it is that there was a slight contact only but not enough to
send someone crashing down to the ground looking for a penalty which is cheating in my view.

Gareth Bale is a fantastic player and I even have him in my fantasy team but he has to stop diving all the time!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Johaldo8 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Slight contact?

:lol: :lol:

Bale is running at full flight. Gardner bangs into his knee and and wraps his arm around him. I'd like to see you stay on your feet in those circumstances.
Johaldo8
World Class
World Class

Postby Hektorek » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Wow, what an incredible action from Aaron Lennon...
Hektorek
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Andy Roddick » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Hams wrote:Gareth Bale is a fantastic player and I even have him in my fantasy team but he has to stop diving all the time!

I totally agree with you. :wink:
Andy Roddick
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Hams » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm

Andy Roddick wrote:
Hams wrote:Gareth Bale is a fantastic player and I even have him in my fantasy team but he has to stop diving all the time!

I totally agree with you. :wink:

Thanks.

I always speak the truth :wink:
Hams
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League