Arsenal v Man City

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Arsenal v Man City

Postby Conner99 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Arsenal will be out to show they can challenge the top teams as they face champions Man City at the Emirates ...a dismal draw against Southampton left Arsene Wenger accusing his players of a lack of complacency and said "I felt that we lacked purpose against Southampton and it was more mental than physical."

It will be a crucial match for Arsenal as they battle to get into the top four and a chance of Champions League qualification.

Man City are doing the best they can to keep up with leaders Man Utd , a 3-0 win over Stoke keeps them 7 pts behind and boss Roberto Mancini will know winning is the only chance they have of retaining the title they won so dramatically on the last day of the season back in may ..he has said though he believes Man City can close the gap on Man Utd .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Re: Arsenal v Man City

Postby ronaldong » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 am

Conner99 wrote:Arsenal will be out to show they can challenge the top teams as they face champions Man City at the Emirates ...a dismal draw against Southampton left Arsene Wenger accusing his players of a lack of complacency and said "I felt that we lacked purpose against Southampton and it was more mental than physical."

It will be a crucial match for Arsenal as they battle to get into the top four and a chance of Champions League qualification.

Man City are doing the best they can to keep up with leaders Man Utd , a 3-0 win over Stoke keeps them 7 pts behind and boss Roberto Mancini will know winning is the only chance they have of retaining the title they won so dramatically on the last day of the season back in may ..he has said though he believes Man City can close the gap on Man Utd .
I think Arsenal is win team at the Emirates.. i hope it :o
ronaldong
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Oh well, that's all over. Arsenal looking ropey at the back - long may it continue!
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Game was over after 8 minutes really
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:01 pm

NO WAY was that a red card for Kompany!
Good effort form Arsenal in the second half with them 10 men ,but Vermaelen has been a shadow of himself this season. I think he was at blame for both goals in this one.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:34 pm

City come away with a crucial win to keep in touch with their cross town rivals.

Any further discussion on this tussle?
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:Game was over after 8 minutes really

Yeah, complete shame.

I feel for us on this one, we gave it our all in the second half and I thought unlucky not to come away with a point, better team despite being a man down.
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby Rambo1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm

specnur wrote:NO WAY was that a red card for Kompany!
Good effort form Arsenal in the second half with them 10 men ,but Vermaelen has been a shadow of himself this season. I think he was at blame for both goals in this one.

Harsh red card in my opinion, but it was denying a goal scoring opportunity so according to the rules, he had to go.
Rambo1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Rambo1 wrote:

Harsh red card in my opinion, but it was denying a goal scoring opportunity so according to the rules, he had to go.

WHat the Kompany tackle?????
I tink your on about the Koscielny rugby grope mate ,i had no problem with that sending off.

BUt i'll tell you what ,when i watched that player walk off the pitch ,and justifiably so the image of Dowd giving a penalty to NEwcastle in that 4-4 game ,when the ARsenal player was sandwiched between two Toon players and did absolute nothing but jump fro the ball came into my mind. The sheer difference between what refs deem fit and when the deem it is quite shocking to be honest. I think you can watch any game on any corner kick and you will see a a defender put two hands on an opponent ,now i wonder if the same rules will apply in them games?

OH yeah while i'm at it ,what's with those man city fans complaining about the ticket prices ffs! Cheap twats you can either afford it or you can't ,why make it a sky sports story what a joke.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Big Jono » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Kompanys red card has been rescinded on appeal.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby Rambo1 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:39 pm

specnur wrote:
Rambo1 wrote:

I tink your on about the Koscielny rugby grope mate ,i had no problem with that sending off.

BUt i'll tell you what ,when i watched that player walk off the pitch ,and justifiably so the image of Dowd giving a penalty to NEwcastle in that 4-4 game ,when the ARsenal player was sandwiched between two Toon players and did absolute nothing but jump fro the ball came into my mind. The sheer difference between what refs deem fit and when the deem it is quite shocking to be honest. I think you can watch any game on any corner kick and you will see a a defender put two hands on an opponent ,now i wonder if the same rules will apply in them games?

OH yeah while i'm at it ,what's with those man city fans complaining about the ticket prices ffs! Cheap twats you can either afford it or you can't ,why make it a sky sports story what a joke.

My mistake. I thought you were talking about the Koscielny challenge.

The Kompany tackle was never a red.

On another note, did anyone see the comments he made about the tackle and the ref?

Such a likeable and classy man.
Rambo1
Grass Roots
Grass Roots

Postby specnur » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 am

Rambo1 wrote:
specnur wrote:
Rambo1 wrote:

My mistake. I thought you were talking about the Koscielny challenge.

The Kompany tackle was never a red.

On another note, did anyone see the comments he made about the tackle and the ref?

Such a likeable and classy man.

Didn't see the comments but that doesn't surprise me about him ,seems like a top bloke indeed!
I'll tell you what though ,i think Wilshere should have gotten a yellow for his part in that incident! He basically jumped on top of Kompany after letting the ball run out of his control the stupid boy!
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Steely Hill » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

specnur wrote:OH yeah while i'm at it ,what's with those man city fans complaining about the ticket prices ffs! Cheap twats you can either afford it or you can't ,why make it a sky sports story what a joke.

:lol: :lol:

man of the people as ever.
Steely Hill
Admin
Admin

Postby Stan Kroenke's moustache » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

specnur wrote:OH yeah while i'm at it ,what's with those man city fans complaining about the ticket prices ffs! Cheap twats you can either afford it or you can't ,why make it a sky sports story what a joke.

:lol: :lol:

Even the linesman had a crack at us!
Stan Kroenke's moustache

Postby redpelt » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:34 pm

specnur wrote:

They're making a stand mate ,before the average supporters (or more commonly referred to as
the life's blood) are totally priced out of the game.

SOS have been organizing a similar campaign /boycott .

I was looking forward to travelling down to London ,but with Stoke only paying £32 for their game
with the Gooners in comparison with the £62 we have to pay I have my reservations now.

This will explain it more thoroughly mate ,the gripe is more about the categorisation process rather
than the prices .

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/ticket-prices-at-away-games-update
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 pm

just watched the highlights ...what was Kosceilny doing ..literally dragged him to the ground . The only thing is on another day it would have just been just a yellow card and a penalty ....and the Kompany tackle ..that would have been a yellow card ....or maybe not even a foul at all .

Some poor defending again cost us ...i agree Vermalaen is looking well below his best , had a few good chanes to score though ..could have got a point from that game .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League