Liverpool v Norwich

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Liverpool v Norwich

Postby Conner99 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 pm

Liverpool were beaten by Man Utd at Old Trafford ....the game finished 2-1 and despite a second half rally after new signing Daniel Sturridge came on it was not quite enough and Man Utd hung on to claim the win .



Norwich played out a 0-0 draw with Newcastle at Carrow Road ...it was a point for the Canaries and stopped the run of four league defeats in a row ...manager Chris Hughton had this to say .."Our final ball and our delivery from set plays let us down. "On the balance of play we were the better team but you have to score goals and we weren't able to do that. "Certainly, in the end it was not a bad point."
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Davey1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 am

Can we do better than last years 5 goals?

Lets hope.

Sturridge's first home game, maybe he'll get his 3rd goal in 3 games.
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:41 pm

at first I'm inclined to say we'll lose...just because that's how things go with LFC....but on second thought...

we'll make a meal out of this one as we're coming off a loss against Utd with a point to prove...actually 3 of them ;)
User avatar
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:04 am
Location: Canada

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Did you know that Liverpool have won six and lost none of their last seven Premier League games against Norwich City.

Any more comments or predictions?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40407
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:43 pm

Line ups

Liverpool:
Jones, Wisdom, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Sturridge;

Subs: Gulacsi, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Shelvey, Robinson, Skrtel

Norwich:
Bunn, R. Martin, R. Bennett, Turner, Garrido, E. Bennett, Johnson, Tettey, Snodgrass, Howson, Holt;

Subs: Jackson, Pilkington, Rudd, Hoolahan, Barnett, Tierney, Kane
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40407
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Pepe Reina suffered a thigh injury in training which is why he is unable to take any part in todays game against Norwich.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40407
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm

HT

Liverpool 2-0 Norwich

Henderson with a long range screamer put the Reds 1-0 up
on 26' then Suarez made it 2-0 after some good play from Sturridge and Lucas.
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40407
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:55 pm

FT

Liverpool 5-0 Norwich
1-0 Henderson 26’
2-0 Suarez 36’
3-0 Sturridge 59’
4-0 Gerrard 66’
5-0 Bennett 74’ (o.g.)

Any comments on todays easy romp for the Reds?
User avatar
Hams
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 40407
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:45 am
Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Davey1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Perfect performance at Anfield. Definately our best performance at home.

I'm gonna put it out there, I'm not saying his £16m price tag is justified but what a performance from Henderson today!
I'm not even talking about the goal. His movement on and off the ball, keeping the ball, creative, intelligent passes, how much ground he covered. He's looking like a more mature attacking midfielder this season. Please please please keep him infront of Gerrard, who also had a great game supporting Hendo. Man of the match for me.

Sturridge, who i think is a 1 in 3 goal scorer scored his 3rd goal in 3 games :lol:

On to Zenit!
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool

Postby Gazza-LFC » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Davey1 wrote:Perfect performance at Anfield. Definately our best performance at home.

I'm gonna put it out there, I'm not saying his £16m price tag is justified but what a performance from Henderson today!
I'm not even talking about the goal. His movement on and off the ball, keeping the ball, creative, intelligent passes, how much ground he covered. He's looking like a more mature attacking midfielder this season. Please please please keep him infront of Gerrard, who also had a great game supporting Hendo. Man of the match for me.

Sturridge, who i think is a 1 in 3 goal scorer scored his 3rd goal in 3 games :lol:

On to Zenit!


On to Zenit?

we have 4 fixtures before that game...

Was good to see us score 5 goals and have 5 different goalscorers,maybe having Sturridge is taking the pressure off Suarez to score....
User avatar
Gazza-LFC
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 10871
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Davey1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am

Gazza-LFC wrote:
Davey1 wrote:Perfect performance at Anfield. Definately our best performance at home.

I'm gonna put it out there, I'm not saying his £16m price tag is justified but what a performance from Henderson today!
I'm not even talking about the goal. His movement on and off the ball, keeping the ball, creative, intelligent passes, how much ground he covered. He's looking like a more mature attacking midfielder this season. Please please please keep him infront of Gerrard, who also had a great game supporting Hendo. Man of the match for me.

Sturridge, who i think is a 1 in 3 goal scorer scored his 3rd goal in 3 games :lol:

On to Zenit!


On to Zenit?

we have 4 fixtures before that game...

Was good to see us score 5 goals and have 5 different goalscorers,maybe having Sturridge is taking the pressure off Suarez to score....


Right, you are! My mistake. Maybe I'm trying to forget we have Arsenal and City away :lol:

We're much more clinical playing with the 2 strikers.
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool

Postby redpelt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Most fans are saying it was a poor Norwich side that the reds beat ,but for me personally I thought our overall play and quick short intricate passing left Norwich chasing shadows. I think in that first blistering 20 minute spell Norwich's collective heads dropped ,because the reds played some truly sexy football and quite simply Norwich looked crestfallen ,they were beaten well before Jordan's crisply taken half volley thundered into the net .

The whole team was exceptional,so I'm singling no one out for special praise,finally the perfect team
performance .

It was refreshing to hear the Anny Rd end singing Rodgers name like they finally believed ,it sounds much
better when its not just the lads in the Kop singing it .
User avatar
redpelt
Young Pro
Young Pro
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 pm

Davey1 wrote:Can we do better than last years 5 goals?

Lets hope.

.



so that was a no then ..... :wink:
User avatar
Conner99
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 2998
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 am
Location: Essex

Postby Davey1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am

Conner99 wrote:
Davey1 wrote:Can we do better than last years 5 goals?

Lets hope.

.



so that was a no then ..... :wink:


Haha almost did! :lol:
User avatar
Davey1
Senior Pro
Senior Pro
 
Posts: 3068
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm
Location: Supports Liverpool


Return to Barclays Premier League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest