Chelsea v Arsenal

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Chelsea v Arsenal

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Chelsea let a 2-0 lead slip as they allowed Southampton back into the game to grab a point as the match finished 2-2 , it continued the poor home record under Rafael Benitez ,just one win in six matches since taking charge , he said after the game "We should have won".

Arsenal has a disaster day at the Emiratews as they lost 2-0 to Man City ...a red card for Laurent Koscielny after just 10 mins made it all the more difficult for the Gunners and despite a major improvement in the second half the game proved beyond them ..it was the first win for Man City at Arsenal since 1975 and Arsene Wenger will want a better show from his side against Chelsea if they are to keep in touch with the top four .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:05 am

Arsenal will step up for this game i think ,but we need Rosicky back to be most effective. Diaby looked tired at half time ,so we are going to need someone to step in. So i think Arsenal may just fall short .

2-1 Chelsea! I hope i am wrong of course.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby OWEN_ENG » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:40 pm

will be no different than the usual....

"Arsenal do all the work.....Chelsea score the goals"
OWEN_ENG
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Did you know that Arsenal have won away at Stamford Bridge more often than any other Premier League side (seven times) and scored more goals (27).

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 pm

Not sure about this one - two teams that can blow hot and cold at the moment. As a fan of the Lily Whites I guess I would like both teams to lose somehow. I say a draw, 2-2.
Pickleman1967

Postby Conner99 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm

i think it will be a game of two halves ...
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Line Ups

Chelsea:
Cech, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Torres.

Subs: Turnbull, Ferreira, Terry, Bertrand, Ake, Marin, Ba.

Arsenal:
Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquelin, Wilshere, Diaby, Cazorla, Giroud, Walcott.

Subs: Mannone, Koscielny, Jenkinson, Santos, Frimpong, Ramsey, Arshavin.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Rafael Benitez has decided to drop Ba to the bench and start with Torres up front.

Podolski is ill and unable to take part while Chamberlain failed a fitness test so Cazorla will continue to play on the left.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:24 pm

HT

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Juan Mata put the Blues 1-0 ahead then Frank Lampard made it 2-0 from the penalty spot.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:31 pm

FT

Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal
1-0 Mata 6’
2-0 Lampard 16’ (pen.)
2-1 Walcott 58’

Any comments on todays result?

Did Ramires commit a foul before the 1st Chelsea goal?

Was Arsenal keeper Szczesny lucky to stay on the pitch?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Thought Arsenal were hard done by in this one ,but they were crap in that first half .
First goal should never had been because of the foul by Ramires.
And the second goal ,i couldn't see what contact brought Ramires down in that box. I heard the commentators say they "heard" that there was minimal contact after saying themselves initially there was no contact.
Second half was much better and Arsenal looked like a different team.
Again great spirit showed by Arsenal eventually ,but there were too many passengers out there today,I thought Diaby in particular was non existent too many times ,he needs more time in the reserves to get up to speed.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 am

Another game of 'two halves'! The Arse still look a little short, stroll on what was Venger thinking selling RVP to Man Utd? Having said that they could have effectively killed the Chelsea title challenge in the second half with the chances they had. I'm thinking a draw would have been a fair result, but I'm not here to defend the Gooners and a point gained by Spurs today may be crucial come the end of the season.
Pickleman1967

Postby Conner99 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Hams wrote:Did Ramires commit a foul before the 1st Chelsea goal?

Was Arsenal keeper Szczesny lucky to stay on the pitch?

it was no penalty ...Ramires just fell over after Szcesny stuck his leg out ...bad decision in my opinion . The first half was a replay of last weekend against Man City ...Bacary Saga being Chelsea`s extra man ..a shadow of the man he was before his leg break . We gave Chelsea all the space they wanted and at 2-0 down it wa salways going to be a hard task to rescue the game .

The second half was almost all Arsenal and after Walcott scored that super goal i really thought we would get at least a point ...but it was again that cutting edge in front of gaols was missing , how many points have we lost due to missed chances . We had Jack Wilshire trying his best and Cazorla played pretty good but many just were not at the races .

Not all doom and gloom just yet but we have not got long if we want to keep that Champions League run going .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Return to Barclays Premier League