Aston Villa v West Ham

All the latest breaking news,important match topics and great discussion can be found right here!

Moderators: Steely Hill, Moderators

Aston Villa v West Ham

Postby Conner99 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 pm

Aston Villa threw away a two goal lead to let Everton get a 3-3 draw at Goodison Park , they had been leadiing 3-1 until Fellaini headed Everton level in the 93rd minute to deny Paul Lambert a much needed win , Villa remain second from bottom .

West Ham welcomed back Andy Carrol from injury and he proved to be the difference as he scored the only goal of the game to beat Swansea at Upton Park , the match could have gone either way and i think manager Sam Allardyce said it all after the game ..."It's a massive relief." .

Yes ...all the fans probably think that too Sam .
Conner99
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 pm

If West Ham play as well as we did against Swansea I don't see why we couldn't pick up all 3 points at Villa Park.

Aston Villa 1-2 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Did you know that The Hammers have taken just one point from the last 21 available on the road and scored just five goals in their last nine games away from home in the Premier League.

Any more comments or predictions?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Other than Collins and McCartney still being out injured we have a pretty much full squad to pick from.

I hope that Andy Carroll starts up front again as I can see him causing all sorts of problems in Villa's defence.

We must improve our away form and start winning on the road again and we will never have a better chance than against this lot.

I guess we will go with a 4-5-1 formation on Sunday.

.......................................Jaaskelainen.........................................

Demel..................Reid..............................Tomkins...................O'Brien

.........................................Diame........................................................

Jarvis.......................Nolan.......................Noble...........................Vaz Te

...............................................Carroll.................................................

Subs - Spiegal,Pogatetz,J,Cole,O'Neil,Collison,C.Cole,Chamakh
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Pickleman1967 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Villa have shown signs of life lately, but lets remember they couldn't close out their last game when they were ahead and only had to stay disciplined and focused to grab three points. West Ham are a better team and should win, sometimes I think 11 blokes picked at random from the crowd would give the Villans a game. Villa 1 West Ham 3, and Lambo will be talking about "fighting" AGAIN in the post match interview.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Tipster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Villa came out fighting last time, so they can show more fight here. A bad result for West Ham and they can slip into the relegation places. Going for a 3-1 win for ASTON VILLA.

Carroll the likely scorer for West Ham.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Tipster wrote:Villa came out fighting last time, so they can show more fight here. A bad result for West Ham and they can slip into the relegation places. Going for a 3-1 win for ASTON VILLA.

Carroll the likely scorer for West Ham.

We are currently 9 points clear of the relegation zone at the moment however a bad defeat would have us looking nervously over our shoulders again.

We must improve our shocking away form!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Line Ups

Aston Villa:
Guzan, Baker, Clark, Vlaar, Lowton, Bowery, Westwood, Delph, N'Zogbia, Weimann, Benteke.

Subs: Given, Sylla, Bent, Bannan, Holman, Dawkins, Bennett.

West Ham:
Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Tomkins, Reid, Pogatetz, Noble, Diame, Nolan, J.Cole, Taylor, Carroll.

Subs: Spiegel, Demel, O'Neil, Jarvis, Vaz Te, C.Cole, Chamakh.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12 pm

Come on you Irons!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:51 pm

are you watching, hams, or just hearing the radio as usual? :)
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:23 pm

HT

Aston Villa 0-0 West Ham
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 pm

Almeida wrote:are you watching, hams, or just hearing the radio as usual? :)

I'm watching this one on TV Almeida.

It was a very poor first half by West Ham, we didn't have a single shot on target!

Aston Villa should have been 1-0 after only 3 mins but their Austrian forward Weimann missed an open goal.

We surely must do better in the 2nd period?!
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:27 pm

ht 0-0.

have to leave the game at this point. hope the hammers do away with the hosts who btw looked quite agressive in the first half. but on the whole the game has been of matched rivals.

come on you irons! :D
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Hams » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm

FT

Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham
1-0 Benteke 74’ (pen.)
2-0 N'Zogbia 79’
2-1 Westwood 87’ (o.g.)

Aston Villa climb out of the bottom 3.

It was another very poor away display by West Ham.

Will comment more on the match later.

Any thoughts on this Villa victory?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm

couldnt make it to catch the last minutes of the game. well, one point is also okay. although i agree with the commentator who put it well saying the hammers will surely stay for the next season but he cant understand how they have collected that amount of points with that kind of display :lol: it's not the acurate line of his words, but that he was trying to say.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Tipster » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:32 pm

I came down to watch this match, but stopped after 10 minutes as the game was so dire. Both teams couldn't keep possession, especially West Ham.

So ended up watching the last 20 minutes and glad I did. Villa should have had a penalty though.

Score was just in the end.

Shocking match.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 pm

OMG. i thought the finalscore hadnt changed and the match ended 0-0 and now i discover west ham even lost :lol: cant get how i could missed out on your post, hams!
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Pickleman1967 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, only saw bits and pieces of the game in the second half and then Ireland v England in the 6 Nations became the priority. West Ham had chances then but failed to convert them, lets be honest clinical strikers are like rocking horse sh*t, pretty hard to come by. From what I saw, not a great game but well done to Villa for picking up 3 points that gets them out of the poo for now. I'm thinking the Hammers will stay up, though Sam needs to address the away form of his team.
Interesting question, do you stick with a manager when your team is dropping down the league, or do you 'hold your bottle' and back him? You could ask the same question to the Villans and the Hammers fans. Fergie is the classic example of a man who stunk for three seasons, and then went on to become, as far as I'm concerned, the greatest British club manager of all time (yep, that includes Shankley and Clough). On the other hand, you have the likes of Chelsea who employ a 'revolving door' strategy to managers, and yet pick up trophies that I'd give up my right arm to see my club win. Probably been debated already elsewhere on the forum? Maybe I'll start a thread elsewhere.
Meanwhile, well done England in beating Ireland in their own back yard! :wink:
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm

On the other hand, you have the likes of Chelsea who employ a 'revolving door' strategy to managers, and yet pick up trophies

it doesnt matter what kind of door has a building as long as it's made of ivory and covered with gold :lol: give us those players and big sam would turn west ham into a club of that calibre right off the bat.

it doesnt matter if we got a point from this game or not. a draw for us would mean nothing. our bag has been filled up purely from victories, mostly home victories, which are the main reason we have so many points. other clubs may well have been showing a lot better display yet they have been drawing each other and now sit lower than us :P
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

well it's just happened again twice.

this site tries to refer to a link containg a malicious code. the link is http://lacarreracanada.com/mnyi.html

it seems like chineese huckers managed to inject this refferal into our site, this is why we have been added on the googles black list which cuases all the troubles and inconveniences.
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Next

Return to Barclays Premier League