Real Madrid v Manchester Utd - 13th February

Real Madrid won the CL last season, Will the likes of Ronaldo,Bale and James be able to do it again or will Bayern or Barcelona be able to stop them?

Moderator: Moderators

Real Madrid v Manchester Utd - 13th February

Postby Hams » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Real Madrid are currently a massive 15 points behind
La Liga rivals Barcelona and have no chance now to retain their league title.
Los Blancos also recently drew 1-1 at home with Barca in the Spanish cup semi finals.

Manchester Utd could find themselves 10 points clear at the top of the
Premier League by the end of this weekend and in RVP have the countries top scorer in the league.
Wayne Rooney has also returned to form following his recent injury but will no longer take any penalties.

Do you have any comments or predictions? - This match will be on SkySports 2 with a 7.45pm kick off.
Hams
Admin
Admin

Location: London Supports West Ham United and Atletico Madrid

Postby Learning » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:26 am

This is going to be great to watch.... I think the 2 manages last time went head to head Man U vs Inter and Man U won quite easily. This time it will be different. Real have been struggling a bit, but when they are on form, they can best Man U that is clear, they are better. Although Man U are always dangerous and never give up. They have been consistent this season and winning key games. But they still have to prove just how good they are against the best, so this will be very interesting to watch.

Cant wait :)
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Almeida » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:45 am

this game has been said to be going to serve as a pefect evidence for those who love to compare and argue over the strength of the two leagues. i for myself am anticipaiting and looking at the event purely from this point of view. and as i've said, the epl will rise once again in my eyes should both mu and arsenal get through their opponents representing other allegedly "weaker and worse" leagues.

this game can be a good indicator also because madrid are not at their best at the moment while mu are confidently leading the pack in england. we all got to see the way the current champion of the epl fell and messed it up in the group stage where they also had to face madrid . now, if another epl's leader screw it up having even better conditions to play, you dont tell about the superiority anymore, okay?
Almeida
Senior Pro
Senior Pro

Postby Learning » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 pm

I cant wait to see the outcome....although Almeida, even if there is a decisive showing, some ppl will never acknowledge the truth :P

So I wont think about that too much, just as usual enjoy the laughs from the debates, but definiteily a very interesting big game.

Fergie vs Mourinho, EPL vs La Liga, Real vs Man U, Ronaldo vs Rooney, etc, etc :)
Learning
World Class
World Class

Postby Big Jono » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:39 am

Should be a cracking game tihs one, will be waking up early for sure.
Big Jono
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 pm

I just see Man u bottling it as always against a big named continental team ,even though Real Madrid have done nothing outside of la liga. If Untied get a draw they got to look at it as a result, i just think they will be sh!tting themselves though. I actually think Man u are the superior team to be honest and should win.but i think Ronaldo will have a better time against an aging Evra or dodgy Rafeal. Man u's defense will be the question of course if Ferdinand plays it will be better because he has some level of pride and leadership to motivate the others. NOt sure how man u will line up so i wait to see that.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Tipster » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Man Utd are marching on at the top of the premier league, and many cannot doubt that this team is the best we've got.
On last years performance, Real Madrid is the best they've got. Still saying that, they've been poor this season in the league, so it should be a thrilling match. Mourinho normally does well in the champions league, and I can't see that being any different this time.

I'm going for a comfortable 3-1 home win for REAL MADRID.

BENZEMA with 2 goals, and Ronaldo with the other.

Robin Van Perise with a goal for Man Utd.

Madrid are good value at 4/6 to win, but the better bet is for BENZEMA to score anytime at 6/4.

I really think that Real Madrid will dominate Man Utd, and show them up.
Tipster
Young Pro
Young Pro

Postby eaman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 pm

of course specnur thinks united are the better team. based on what i dont know. madrid have alot more quality players
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Makes me sick!
I'm talking about the build up to this game on sky sports entertainment corp.
What bunch of sensationalist garbage and i get depressed thinking about the throng that fall for their consistent trash day after day. ........."But how will they stop Ronaldo" ,like Ronaldo has proven anything against the best defenders in football EVER!
How soon they forget his world cup futility ,along with another La liga prolific scorer ,what a coincidence!!!!!!!
ANyway the match is a good one to see no doubt ,but deserving the ignorance of the fact that both teams have been consistent bottlers up against certain quality.

As i said before the likes of what Man u are putting up on the wings should make it a lot easier for Ronaldo to do his thing as Evra is losing his step defensively and Rafael is well dodgy back there.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:51 pm

Just looked at the "possible" team man u might play ,with Carrick ,Jones and Cleverly in the mid field!
Tell you what if Ronaldo can't get open against them 3 then he is more overrated than i originally thought and La liga is a joke!
One thing for sure those 3 shouldn't trouble REal Madrid creatively that's for sure ,so i see Evra being influential attack wise ,as they don't have anything coming from the middle or from Carrick.
If Fergie goes with that team he's in trouble ,Ozil will have a field day with that mid field or at least he should .
Where the hell is Marcelo ,why isn;t he selected?
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby eaman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 pm

what about van persie at world cup and euros. but he bangs them in in the overrated premier league. ronaldo was playing in the premier league until he was 24 and not at his peak. he didnt score against barca until his second year and nearer his peak
eaman
Youth Academy
Youth Academy

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Line ups

Real Madrid
López,Arbeloa,Ramos,Varane,Coentrão,Khedira,Alonso,Di María,Özil,Ronaldo,Benzema

Subs - Carvalho,Modric,Higuaín,Essien,Kaká,Pepe,Adán

Man Utd

De Gea,Rafael,Ferdinand,Evans,Evra,Carrick,Jones,Welbeck,Kagawa,Rooney,van Persie

Subs - Giggs,Valencia,Cleverley,Smalling,Anderson,Lindegaard,Hernández
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 pm

Told you that Rafeal was dodgy! ffs man Man u needs a right back pronto!
Good to se kagawa out there offers a bit more movement and creativity out there,which is a plus.
I think Man u will be the better team in the second half ,when i think the conditioning of the premiers league will show the edge.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:20 pm

I dislike this ref with a passion! :evil:
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 pm

tell you what , Rooney's international record has to be questioned. He has yet again been crap against a big team outside of England ,i thought he was world class quality ,but i have to start to rethink that ,he just doesn't step up in the big ones enough.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:55 pm

HT

R.Madrid 1-1 Man Utd

Wellbeck 20'

Ronaldo 30'
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby specnur » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:56 pm

This ref is an absolute joke ,how the hell is calling time at a corner kick ffs?

Anyway Man u not brave enough for me!
Didn't run at Real enough ,would have tired Real out in that second half. That being said Real had nothing for Man u in the second half. I told you Alonso, Khediera and Ozil were overrated ! If they were as good as what everyone thinks they are they should have ragged Carrick ,Jones and Kagawa all over that pitch ,but they didn't! REal madrid my *ss all that hype going into the game about Ronaldo ,he had a free header and that was it ,second half invisible.
If real madrid are la liga champions and they couldn't manhandle that man u midfield ,then it just backs up my claim regarding La liga being a weaker League 100%.
I think Man u would have been better off playing Cleverly than Jones ,much quicker player and would have been allover the doubling on Ronaldo and whoever else and would have been better o the attack also.
Good game and the so called best players that the press like to hype Rooney and Ronaldo played as well as I expected.
RVP was up for this game,he brought the mindset form ARsenal of not fearing any team something the man u team have an issue with ,massive inferiority complex outside of England.
specnur
Legend
Legend

Postby Hams » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 pm

FT

Real Madrid 1-1 Man Utd
0-1 Welbeck 20’
1-1 Ronaldo 30'

Do you have any comments on tonights match?

Was a 1-1 draw a fair result in the end?

Does this make Man Utd the favourites to go through now?
Hams
Admin
Admin

Postby Boris » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 am

My comment is I wanted an away win, purely because at one point Man Utd were paying $12 to win so I threw a tenner on them. Waking up to a draw is akin to finding out Christmas was cancelled.
Boris
Legend
Legend

Postby Pickleman1967 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am

A tie in the balance, you would be nuts to lump on the outcome of this one. My train got stranded in Huddersfield last night, I was streaming the game on my laptop, the most popular man in my coach!
Anyway, I think Man U competed well against the Spaniards, the stats reflect that in terms of possession, shots on goal etc. Ronaldo's goal was good, but give a man like that a free header what do you expect?
Real and Mourhino look set to part company soon, apparently the Spanish press are on his back. I think that sort of uncertainty can get into players heads, and that is what may give Utd the edge in the second leg.
Pickleman1967
Young Pro
Young Pro

Next

Return to UEFA Champions League