Page 1 of 78 121151 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City Rumours

Manchester City Rumours

There could be quite a few.

Man City are obviously going to spend big in January, or at least attempt to - because mid-season is rarely the best opportunity to bring in high quality players. But players will be bought.

Who do they need to sign, and who will they be able to sign?

Goalkeeper
    Centre-Back
    Left-Back
    Centre-Mid
    Striker

Those are areas i would personally attack if i were Hughes looking at their side. However, will they be able to lure the likes of David Villa or Gianluigi Buffon as they are being linked with? Their position in the table is uninspiring to say the least, and it would've really helped if they could have at least showed signs of competing with the Big Four - i.e. being around the Aston Villa/Everton mark. That hasn't happened and surely will have detrimental effects on who they can sign.

Post any City rumours and thoughts in here.

Heard there are going after Buffon. And he's apparently demanding 250K a week or something.

I think City have got strengthen quite a bit this window if they are to fulfill their ambitions of Champions League football. They won't get it this season but they need ti strengthen in Janurary to get a decent finish and then be able to attract some class players in the summer.

I think it is essential that they bring in a Left back, a Box to box midfielder and maybe a striker.

Left Back - Not sure who there is available or who they could tempt away from their clubs.
    Central Midfielder - Again not sure who they could get, if they want to go for a more defensive option there is always Diarra.
    Striker - With the money they have I wouldn't be suprised if they put a cheeky all be it unsucssesful bid for Bezema.

Very optimistic person's view on the team that will play after the transfer window closes:-

---------------Buffon--------------

Zabaleta Richards Dunne Bridge

---------Kompany Diarra---------
    SWP---------Ireland------Robinho

--------------Fabiano--------------

I think it would more likely be just a left back and central midfielder and then wait till the Summer to try and make their big transfers.

On transfer period they will get some good Players!!

They need top players. Bridge at left back is the best English option. First of all they need a top goalkeeper and Buffon is ideal for that. Got a decent enough defence, but a keeper can make the difference between a good and very good defence.
    Take the pick for strikers, but why not stay Brazilian? Although all of them might head off for some South American match.

Sky Sports Sources understand that Manchester City are in talks with Chelsea over a possible transfer of Wayne Bridge.

I think the City line up by the end of the window may look something like this:-

---------------------??????------------------

Richards-----Dunne-----Upson-----Bridge

------------Kompany---Johnson------------

SWP---------------Ireland---------Robinho

-------------------SantaCruz----------------

They're being linked with Senna too.

That would be a good move to make for City.

Would be a brilliant signing your right but do you reckon Man City could tempt him to Eastlands.

If they offer him a huge contract, he is not the youngest player so he could be tempted to secure his post football life.

Man City should go all guns blazing to get Shay Given after the news today he's considering leaving Newcastle. That would be a fantastic signing, and a realistic one... something they have to target at this early stage in their 'masterplan'.