Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2341353 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Ben91
    Santa Cruz to Man City seems agonisingly obvious.

Almost a matter of when rather than if.

And he'd be perfect for them - assuming he can keep his fitness to the standard of last season, as opposed to that of pre-Blackburn.
    Agreed. Love him as he suits the 4-5-1 we seem to be playing....Given would be good too...i reckon we'll put a bid in for Villa or Kaka just for the headlines....

Quote Originally Posted by YoBBo
    Yeah they do, but it is still alot. I reckon Bridge is probably worth 6-8 million not anymore.
    I thought City were trying to put together the best team around.If you want to win the league surely you have to look for players who are good enough to get into their current teams!

Quote Originally Posted by KimKallstrom2
    Quote Originally Posted by YoBBo
    Yeah they do, but it is still alot. I reckon Bridge is probably worth 6-8 million not anymore.
    I thought City were trying to put together the best team around.If you want to win the league surely you have to look for players who are good enough to get into their current teams!
    Well that's not true. There are lots of players who are capable of being first team in a team that can compete for the title but aren't first choice at their clubs at the moment. Joe Cole is one, he isn't starting every game and he is definately good enough to be in a premier league winning team. Others include in my opinion Anderson of Man United, he doesn't start as often as I am sure he'd like and he is a very good player.

possible team after transfer window:

Given

Zabaleta (could well have a new left back but not sure who)
    Richards
    Dunne
    Bridge

Wright-Phillips
    Kompany
    Senna
    Ireland
    Robinho

Santa Cruz

Senna has rejected claims he will sign for Man City
    can't see it happening.. if anything he is smarter remaining at Villareal

Quote Originally Posted by Ram K1

Given

Richards
    Dunne
    Bridge

Wright-Phillips
    Kompany
    Senna
    Ireland
    Robinho

Santa Cruz
    Wayne Bridge is a left back mate and Micah Richards plays at right back.......

Not sure who would partner captain Richard Dunne in central defence though to be honest!

I'm sure Man City have someone new lined up already........!!

From the signings i have seen mentioned in the press recently ,i see Hughes being fired before the season is out if they don't have a a comfortable enough margin from the drop zone. I really don't see the team moving forward with those players. I like Wayne Bridge ,i think he's a good player ,but after him there is none of the "BIG NAME" signings i imagined to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram K1

Given

Richards
    Dunne
    Bridge

Wright-Phillips
    Kompany
    Senna
    Ireland
    Robinho

Santa Cruz
    Wayne Bridge is a left back mate and Micah Richards plays at right back.......

Not sure who would partner captain Richard Dunne in central defence though to be honest!

I'm sure Man City have someone new lined up already........!!
    Micah Richards plays centre back (poorly, this season) although he started at right back...Zabaleta's our right back now...

I perfer Richards at right-back. That way, his mistakes aren't usually as costly. He is also very good going forward.

Transfer Talk

After this weekend -

Maybe Man City will be looking at: -

Nathan Tyson, Joe Garner, or Robert Earnshaw.

Any takers?