Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4686959697 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lionel Messi thread

Re: The Lionel Messi thread

Lionel Messi and his father have both been found guilty of tax fraud in Spain and have got sentenced to 21 months
    in Jail but its unlikely either will be sent to prison and will be probably given probation so he can carry on playing for Barcelona.

Lionel Messi has decided to reverse his decision to retire from international football after
    being put under pressure in his home land with Argentina currently struggling in the South American WC qualifying group for Russia 2018.

Someone should have a word with him also as he now looks ridiculous with that bleached blond hair,ginger beard and all those horrible tattoos.

This is good news for the Argentina fans but 4 days ago I've read that Maradona seems to be not happy with Messi's return or he was just questioning?

"I do not know if Messi's retirement was a set-up to help us forget about the fact that we lost three finals in a row. "
    "The lad first said that he was going to give up and then took a step back and managed to change his mind in just a matter of weeks."

I just guess that Messi must have been tired and use his emotions when he opted for an early retirement

Lionel Messi ruled out for three weeks after suffering a groin strain in Barcelona's draw match with Atletico Madrid

Lionel Messi banned by FIFA for 4 matches for abusing a linesman
    during Argentina 1-0 WC win against Chile in which he scored the winner.

Lionel Messi has now scored 500 goals for Barcelona.

Lionel Messi has signed a new 5 year deal for Barcelona.

We will never know now if he could do it on a wet windy night in Stoke.

I find it hard to understand why he doesn't want to test himself in a better league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Lionel Messi has signed a new 5 year deal for Barcelona.

We will never know now if he could do it on a wet windy night in Stoke.

I find it hard to understand why he doesn't want to test himself in a better league.
    Alot of Latin people don't think the premier league is better. Why would he leave a massive club like Barcelona for a smaller one like city or chelsea. You don't leave giant clubs if you're happy and the fans love you. Just ask Giggs or Maldini. As for testing himself against teams in other leagues he does that in the champions league

Alot of Latin people don't think the premier league is better. Why would he leave a massive club like Barcelona for a smaller one like city or chelsea. You don't leave giant clubs if you're happy and the fans love you. Just ask Giggs or Maldini. As for testing himself against teams in other leagues he does that in the champions league
    you have to agree with me eamon that the PL is surely the hardest
    and most competitive and most popular in the world at the moment?
    Dont you think its a shame though that Messi doesn't want to test himself in it?
    At least Ronaldo made a name for himself over here with Man Utd before going to Madrid.
    Personally i would have wanted to have one final challenge before finishing my career
    to see if i can perform in the toughest league especially if I'd have won everything with Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    you have to agree with me eamon that the PL is surely the hardest
    and most competitive and most popular in the world at the moment?
    Dont you think its a shame though that Messi doesn't want to test himself in it?
    At least Ronaldo made a name for himself over here with Man Utd before going to Madrid.
    Personally i would have wanted to have one final challenge before finishing my career
    to see if i can perform in the toughest league especially if I'd have won everything with Barcelona.
    Maybe it doesn't even cross his mind the way it does people in our area of the world. Maybe people in Italy think he should join ac milan or people in Germany think dortmund to test himself. Why would he leave barca for those clubs or city or chelsea. All the proving you need to do nowadays is in the champions league. The difference with Ronaldo is he came from a small team to a giant and then to an even bigger giant in his mind. If he had come from the Madrid academy he probably never would have moved either