Page 1 of 67 121151 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Rolling off of the roaring success that was my 'Glad Game' thread i will add the ying to the aformentioned thread's proverbial yang.

What is it in everyday life that really gets your goat? the nonsenical irritants of daily life aboard Mother Earth.

i will get started by offering the following:

Ignorant use of the term 'literally'. as in 'i was so scared. i literally shat myself'. this annoys me to the point of almost sticking my head through a pane of glass.

Women who cant read maps and then criticise you if you happen to have taken one wrong turning that adds 2 minutes on a journey off the back of a simple map reading error.

confused gay people whose partner is as near to the opposite sex as can be humanly possible without an operation. the whole point of being gay is you are attracted to people of the same gender. why have somebody who acts and looks like the opposite?

The systematic raping of the english language mainly by internet obsessed losers on social networking sites. this would also include yanks and the spelling of words like 'color' and stupid use of the letter 'z' in place of an 's'.

Those delightful Nigerian ladies and gents who feel that doing that horrific sucking noise through their teeth is an acceptable way to display displeasure at someone or something.

feel free to add yours or discuss....

Re: What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

Ignorant use of the term 'literally'. as in 'i was so scared. i literally shat myself'. this annoys me to the point of almost sticking my head through a pane of glass.
    I literally quoted you.

Pics or it didn't happen.

i have thought of another:

yeekiat.

Brilliantly kicked off Joseph.

I would say lads are the thing that grind my gears the most. This is a group of lads. Lads are like chavs in England, their culture has just migrated here unfortunately.

They hang around in large groups and often beat up smaller people who are alone, or they prey on the older generation. I heard that today on ANZAC Day a group of lads bashed a veteran walking home with his wife, they would have known he was a veteran to, all his medals were on display. Not to mention he was over 80. Scum of the Earth.

Common vocabulary includes "eshayz" and other such Pig Latin phrases, they wear striped shirts, bum bags and Nike Shocks shoes. The Nike Dri-Fit hat on is also a must have accessory

We have our own variant of that and we call them "Ah Bengs". They keep ridiculously long fringes and drive comically modified cars - often hiding their cheap PROTONS for something out of their league like a Mitsubishi or crap like that.

Typical look:

Typical attempt to hide their cheap car behind intensive modifications:

Yes they drive me up the wall too, not before throwing me into fits of laughter at their pathetic efforts.

We have lots of them in Australia

Boris, for once i wouldn't agree more. Groups of low life, waste-of-oxygen chavs do more than grind my gears. They seriously pi55 me off to unthought of proportions.

Also, ignorant people that never move out the way when walking down a high street road. At times i think i'm running an obstacle course, i always seem to be the one moving out the way for other people. I would never just walk down the road without moving out the way for someone.

And finally, people who can't bothered to say a thank you. For example, if i see someone coming past me down an alley, no matter if i'm at the start or not, i'll nearly always wait for them to come past first. Old farts, middle aged people, no matter who, 99.9% of the time they cant be bothered to say thank you.

When people put money on the counter rather than into the persons hand.
    I really want to punch them to the ground and jump on there face until:
    A. there body disintergrates
    B. the police come

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Nufc
    Boris, for once i wouldn't agree more. Groups of low life, waste-of-oxygen chavs do more than grind my gears. They seriously pi55 me off to unthought of proportions.

Also, ignorant people that never move out the way when walking down a high street road. At times i think i'm running an obstacle course, i always seem to be the one moving out the way for other people. I would never just walk down the road without moving out the way for someone.

And finally, people who can't bothered to say a thank you. For example, if i see someone coming past me down an alley, no matter if i'm at the start or not, i'll nearly always wait for them to come past first. Old farts, middle aged people, no matter who, 99.9% of the time they cant be bothered to say thank you.
    I love that
    I usually move out the way but when i see someone doing it i head straight for them, and because im a lanky fecker they have to move or get slammed

At school a cheeky game of bombardment is quite fun, as im in the oldest year. Teach some of the little sh1ts a lesson.

But in the street is a different matter. Im pretty tall and all that for my age. But i dont see the point in barging into people in the streets.