Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 67

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest

Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Ukraine won this years contest with a political song
    called 1944 about when the Soviet Union invaded the Crimea.
    Sounds familiar?!

The Russians who were the favourites came in 2nd with Australia in 3rd.

The UK finished a pathetic 24th out of 26 nations although Joe and Jake our entry did their best.
    Australia finished second mate
    The Russians won't like that and I'm told Putin is very upset about it!

Don't they have an Asian vision contest that your lot can take part it?!
    The hosts invited us, we didn't ask to participate

Are you just upset we had a belter of a track?

Maybe it would be better if Australia represented the UK in future contests!
    we are your mother country after all.

I love the Ukraine song (winner) so much that I added it as the last song in my progressive house and trance play-list. But what I loved even more was Belgium's entry: Laura Tesoro - What's the pressure. Added that to another mix of mine. Sure you'll appreciate that, Hams. ,

Don't they have an Asian vision contest that your lot can take part it?!
    I'm surprised Australia haven't been invited to take part in Euro 2016!. At least then a Ross County player would be involved!.

Eurovision 2017:

ISRAEL 9.3 - Calvin Harris trance. Too rhymny and boybandy. Turkish middle 8.
    POLAND 8.3 - Too rhymny and dramatic.
    BELARUS 9.1 - Happy, flappy, folky pop in own language with Irish theme. Catchy chorus.
    AUSTRIA 9.2 - Ed Sheeran style. Glorious.
    ARMENIA 9.0 - Bubble house. Reverb. Asian. Like Shakira.

NETHERLANDS 8.9 - They're pretty! Good rhyme. Clappy hands time.
    MOLDOVA 8.8 - Somewhere between Rihanna and Calvin Harris. Funky. Is his Mama his GF?
    HUNGARY 8.7 - Somewhere between Asian Bhangra and Turkish. Sounds good in own language.
    ITALY 9.1 - Happy clappy pop. Features the line: 'A naked ape is dancing'. Nice trancy middle 8.
    DENMARK 9.8 - Power ballad. Style of previous winners.

PORTUGAL 9.5 - Is it a musical? Is it La La Land? Sweet SONG. Jazzy.
    AZERBIAJAN 9.2 - She's a skeleton. Night time feel to it. Verse too short. Chorus comes too quick.
    CROATIA 9.0 - Gospel/operatic ballad. Is it the same person singing? Split personality.
    AUSTRALIA 9.2 - Power ballad. Bit tacky: Like Steps. Big eyebrows. Another hit from Australia.
    GREECE 8.8 - Slightly tacky Calvis Harris tranbce disguised as good ballad. Get the party started.

SPAIN 8.9 - Happy song, own and English language. Ed Sheeran like.
    NORWAY 8.7 - Not enough power in chorus. Original.
    UK 9.0 - Peaks at the right time, but not enough oomph. Good lyrics.
    CYPRUS 9.1 - Good dance track and drums, though slightly flat entering chorus.
    ROMANIA 9.4 - Brilliant female singer. Catchy. Should do well.

GERMANY 9.4 - old school trance. Great lyrics. Builds well.
    UKRAINE 9.7 - Good rock anthem. Foo Fighters. Power chorus.
    BELGIUM 9.8 - House anthem. Beautiful melody. Bit dull after break. No. 1 dance track in any country. Not normal winner.
    SWEDEN 9.1 - Tacky boyband. Very upbeat.
    BULGARIA 9.6 - Great last album track. Atmospheric. Great pop ballad. Builds well. Structure of winner. Dull ending.

FRANCE 9.2 - Beautiful in own language, and also English. Slightly tacky but catchy.

EUROVISION TIPS: SATURDAY 13th MAY.

This was done without looking at odds beforehand.

BELGIUM (20/1) is by far the best track on there, and is house - which can win - but doesn't build well enough, and may be seen as a slightly dull effort by the singer. Will be number 1 in a any country after this. Get on the odds of 20/1

The favourite - which normally wins - is Portugal (15/8 ). It's a great SONG, but is it too cute to win? I'll take a risk that it will be.

Big odds for both Denmark (200/1) and Ukraine (500/1) to be placed in the top 5. DENMARK really has to be tipped as a big outsider as it is the perfect structure of a song to win, never mind place well. But, Eurovision may have moved on.

A Good E/W bet on Belgium and Denmark is order of the day, with a decent enough bet on favourite Portugal.
    Last edited by Tipster; 16-05-2017 at 02:31 PM. Reason: take out smiley with 8 then )

I cant believe Portugal won it with that weird love song but congrats to them.

My favourite was the Moldovan Euro dance number and Italy was good also.

The best looking woman was the blonde Danish singer who had a lot of front.

UK had its best result since 2011 but due to Brexit didn't get votes Lucie Jones deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    I cant believe Portugal won it with that weird love song but congrats to them.

My favourite was the Moldovan Euro dance number and Italy was good also.

The best looking woman was the blonde Danish singer who had a lot of front.

UK had its best result since 2011 but due to Brexit didn't get votes Lucie Jones deserved.
    Yeah, she sure had some front on her. My favourite was the female Romanian yodeller wearing a lovely red dress cut well at the thighs. Mmm: Threesome. Not with you, Hams.
    Last edited by Tipster; 16-05-2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Change smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Dont think Brexit had owt to do with it. We never had a chance in recent years and at least this year we finished in the top 20!.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Dont think Brexit had owt to do with it. We never had a chance in recent years and at least this year we finished in the top 20!.
    Something was wrong as it was a really good song and excellent live performance. I wasn't a fan of the last few years' UK entries, but this was good. Feel really sorry for her.