Thread: Adams keen to bring in goalkeeper

Adams keen to bring in goalkeeper

Coventry City boss Micky Adams said the Championship club may bring in a goalkeeper when the Football League loan window opens on Friday.

Andy Marshall is currently the only shotstopper in the Sky Blues squad.

"I'm happy with the squad we have. We did the majority of our business before the season began. The newcomers have gelled well," Adams said.

"But we've only got one keeper on our books, so we won't be afraid to use the loan system."

Coventry were active in the transfer market up until the final day when they paid Norwich 1m for striker Leon McKenzie.

Adams believes the former Crystal Palace player is the ideal replacement for Gary McSheffrey, who joined Birmingham for 4m last month.

"Leon's goalscoring record is good. We've got strikers at this club of a certain type, but he's different. He always looks to run the channels and go beyond defenders.

"He'll be a good foil for whoever we put alongside him."

Yeah he needs to get a keeper in a fast if he wants to acheive a playoff place need somebody to keep marshall on his toes.

They need back up for keeeper if Marshall gets injured hes screwed im not sure if hes available but Palaces new signin Scott Flinders is a decent keeper and I think he third choice hes quite a good keeper and he used to coach me.

Yeah he aint a bad keeper at all did he spend sometime with Chelsea last season?

Yup he had trials with both Chelsea and Wigan but he dint like it at Chelsea coz of the goalkeepin coaches were poor.

Sounds like a very good propect then eh