Thread: FA LEVEL 2

FA LEVEL 2

HI new to site and looking for advice regarding a fa coaching football course level2, ive just done full practical week which was manic.
    I have ball controll for final assessment and was wondering if anybody could pass on any drills for thr technical and skill part.
    ALSO i found the SSG hard especially wen to stop stand still etc so any pointers on how to improve would be much obliged THANKU

Re: FA LEVEL 2

Quote Originally Posted by bolivia136
    HI new to site and looking for advice regarding a fa coaching football course level2, ive just done full practical week which was manic.
    I have ball controll for final assessment and was wondering if anybody could pass on any drills for thr technical and skill part.
    ALSO i found the SSG hard especially wen to stop stand still etc so any pointers on how to improve would be much obliged THANKU
    welcome to the forum

there is a coaching section somewhere down the bottom

When is your assessment?

Ball control should be all about anticipation, shape of your body, getting the ball out of your feet, looking up etc

support play fa level 2

Hi there
    Ive got support play attacking as my final assesment topic in my fa level 2 exam. Has anybody done this topic?

any help would be great !

Using 3/4 of a piitch 50/30

For techincal
    10 players
    Im thinking of using the waves drill to start,
    waves of 3 attackers passing and moving up the pitch - and trying to score in a goal
    (one wave a time)

For skill
    as above
    3 V 1 defender and trying to score
    Then 3 v 2 with 1 striker permantely up front so really a 4 v 2

as im doing waves there will always be 3 players waiting to have their go - this is a bit of a worry - as it may seem like not using all the players all the time.

Game
    2-1-1 formation.

key points

early support for player on ball
    angles of support for player in the ball - wide / in front / behind
    players to adjust position as play changes
    communication - sounds and visual
    timing / decision making
    patience to go back to holding player if nothing is on and start again

any help / advice would be great !

Many thanks!