Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Season Long Bets

4-1 is pretty decent odds yes, they are probably the best team in the competition. But that doesntm ean as much as it does in a league, thisi s knockout cup competition where one mistake, one moment of brilliance, or dodgy referee decision can knock a team out. Noones ever a lock to win a cup competition.

For myself, I think Chelsea will win it this year. They just look so strong when at full strength and will be hurting from losing the final to United the way they did. They have a blend of maturity and youth, and this team has been thru big matches and big campaigns together and know how to win trophies.

Yep, Chelsea is the second most likely I think realistically, and not the likes of Real, Man U, or others.

Re: Season Long Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    put in on a syndicate last week:

winners of each league.

Chelsea
    West Brom
    Norwich (yes, i know the score on staurday!)
    Rotherham

6 of us put 22 in on a Yankee and stand to win 36,000. a cool 6k for me.

anyone else in it for the long haul?
    this is getting rather tense now!!

No idea on L1 and 2, but Leeds are dropping points...but West Brom will need to beat Newcastle which I think will be difficult. Chelsea just keep up their good form after beating Sunderland 7-2 and they will win it

Re: Season Long Bets

put in on a syndicate last week:

winners of each league.

Chelsea
    West Brom
    Norwich (yes, i know the score on staurday!)
    Rotherham

6 of us put 22 in on a Yankee and stand to win 36,000. a cool 6k for me.

anyone else in it for the long haul?
    this is getting rather tense now!!
    West Brom and Rotherham have let me down but im still on for a double and two singles if Chelsea pull their fingers out.

two out of four is still a pretty good return. not sure on how much i would win though!

So Steely, syndicate so u get winnings for each of the one bet and any of their links? So how much did u bet? "6 of us put ?2 in on a Yankee and stand to win ?6,000. a cool ?k for me. "

Quote Originally Posted by Learning
    So Steely, syndicate so u get winnings for each of the one bet and any of their links? So how much did u bet? "6 of us put ?2 in on a Yankee and stand to win ?6,000. a cool ?k for me. "
    6 of us put 22 pounds on a Yankee. if they all won we would win 36,000 pound so split by 6 i would get 6,000 pounds.

because only two of them are possible (one has already won) i could still win on a double and two singles so the winnings are much lower but still a tidy profit i expect.

just hope Chelsea dont blow it.

Great stuff, these long term bets seem to be the easiest to make money instead of the individual games I find too.....

So how was everyone's season long bets? I made a bit money bet from these, always like the long term bets more, and I will be waiting to collect some more from the CL final Next will be betting on the WC!

I'm off to the bookies tomorrow to put on a season long bet.

My gamble for the winners of all 4 divisions is.

1. Premier League - Chelsea
    2.Championship - Middlesbrough
    3.League One - Southampton
    4.League 2 - Rotherham.

What do you guys think?

Is anyone else doing the same in the next couple of days?