Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Season Long Bets

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    I'm off to the bookies tomorrow to put on a season long bet.

My gamble for the winners of all 4 divisions is.

1. Premier League - Chelsea
    2.Championship - Middlesbrough
    3.League One - Southampton
    4.League 2 - Rotherham.

What do you guys think?

Is anyone else doing the same in the next couple of days?
    i do this every year.

i have not fully decided who exactly i will go for though. i think i will opt for Forest in the Championship rather than Middlesbrough although the rest are pretty plausible.

i think League One will be down to Southampton or Charlton but i will pick Southampton as well. i did Rotherham last season but they let me down. hopefully they will be up for it after their play off final loss.

im also going to do a top goalscorer one as well with Drogba/Boyd/Lambert/Le Fondre topping each division.

My advice is avoid Forest, they are never mentally strong enough to win a league title.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    My advice is avoid Forest, they are never mentally strong enough to win a league title.
    who would you back then?

I'm not really sure, I don't think Boro will win it either. Maybe Hull City.

Hull City have let 11 players go during the summer and are trying to get rid of Jimmy Bullard now.

I think The Championship title will be won by either Burnley or Middlesbrough but I'm going to back Boro.

With regards to League 2 as well as Rotherham I think maybe Wycombe and Northampton could be in with a shout for the title.

Ah, I haven't heard anything about cutting their squad. Maybe Burnley then. Although Scott McDonald has hit good form for Boro I just don't see them winning the title. They have a better chance then most but the pressure will get to them at the business end of the season, plus they always seem to be a feeder team to midtable Premier League clubs.

Well my season long bet was made at the bookies yesterday

1.Premier League - Chelsea 13/8
    2.Championship - Middlesbrough 6/1
    3.League One - Southampton 9/1
    4.League 2 - Rotherham. 11/1

Only 5 was spent but it was only meant to be a bit of fun which gambling should be.

Great start today with Southampton losing 1-0 at home to Plymouth FFS!

along with the bets listed above i have also gone with the following:

Prem - Man United
    Champ - Boro
    League 1 - Sheff Wed
    League 2 - Gillingham

it is a yankee again so dont need them all to win although if they did i would be a very rich man. i have seventy of your finest Earth pounds in total on it in a syndicate of 6 people (including me)

I got no money to bet now But do u guys also bet on the Europe leagues too? Also the CL and Europe group forecasts and title winner have good odds

Prem is definitely going to be Chelsea again

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Well my season long bet was made at the bookies yesterday

1.Premier League - Chelsea 13/8
    2.Championship - Middlesbrough 6/1
    3.League One - Southampton 9/1
    4.League 2 - Rotherham. 11/1

Only 5 was spent but it was only meant to be a bit of fun which gambling should be.

Great start today with Southampton losing 1-0 at home to Plymouth FFS!
    As we go past the half way stage my season long bet looks like being a waste of time!

I really don't know what I was thinking betting Middlesbrough to win the Championship!

Why I thought a bunch of 2nd rate SPL rejects would do well in England I will never know.

I will never forgive Gordon Strachan for this and hold him personally responsible for my failure.