Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: New International Kits

Russia keep changing their kit!

Denmark home. Oh yes. I like it a lot.

Oh, I just found this. Adidas will produce a giant shirt (banner) for the Danish fans travelling to Seeeeeth Africaaa. The more persons who join a group on facebook, the bigger the shirt will be. If you want to help, please join the group called adidas Football Danmark.. Cheers

Ok, it's three in a row for me now.. But here's a couple new pics of Spain home:

I really hope that the plasticlike texture is NOT on the back of the Denmark shirt. It's horrible!! Can they print names/numbers on it at all?

What do you guys think of the new adidas templates?

Quote Originally Posted by thornfeldt
    Denmark home. Oh yes. I like it a lot.

^ I am quite liking that Thornfeldt - particularly the hummel-esque stripe across the front, I wonder if that is paying homage to previous Danish kits?

It is certainly nicer than the Nigerian offering just unveiled.....zzzzz....

I don't mind a nice simple kit like the Nigeria one.

All the above have been great so far.

Yea i think its alright. Simple, but nothing wrong with it really.

Denmark's is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyjinx
    ^ I am quite liking that Thornfeldt - particularly the hummel-esque stripe across the front, I wonder if that is paying homage to previous Danish kits?
    Yeah, I love the stripes as well. Kind of old school, and Hummel like, like you say ,

I dont think there is a reference to a special shirt, but the elleven "stripes" on the front is supposed to represent elleven "magic" moments from Denmarks national team history:

1998, v. Brasil 2-3 (WC quarterfinal)
    1992, v. Germany 2-0 (EC final)
    1982, v. England 2-2 (EC qualifyer)
    1999, v. Italy 3-2 (EC qualifyer)
    1998, v. Nigeria 4-1 (WC 1/8 final)
    1992, The European champions are celebrated by hundreds of thousands of fans on the town hall square in Copenhagen
    1984, v. Spain. Denmark lose after penalties (EC semifinal)
    1983, v. England 1-0 (Denmark secure qualification for EC '84)
    1985, v. USSR 4-2 (known as the greatest game by the national team ever)
    1992, v. Netherlands (Denmark is through to the EC final after penalties)
    2008, v. Portugal 3-2 (WC qualifier. Denmark are down by 2-1 with 5 minutes to go)

Personally I think it is a bit lame.. But the moments above are special moments for every single fan of the Danish national team.

I saw the shirt IRL in a sports store today. It is pretty cool, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up buying one when the World Cup fever hits me come june.. I only have one complaint. That's the collar. I think it's a bit wide, if you know what I mean..

Btw, the adidas-logos on the sleves was not on the shirt I saw in the store, so I guess they are only temporary on the shirts beneath.

Here are som pictures from the unveiling of the shirt at the Danish National Museum of Art:

It actually looks very good seeing it on the players!