Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Official Gamer Tags Thread

Ya, I never play FIFA online and it's always a completely different game playing against the CPU.

BTW my PSN name is still the same: Shojimbo

I just traded in a whole pile of games so I'm now playing (online): FIFA 12, Battlefield 3, GRFS, Dragon's Dogma, RDR.. I will be planning on getting Mass Effect 3 and probably Max Payne 3 at some stage for online multiplayer bashing.

Don't have the game for myself, either now that I'm out of uni, but used to play a lot. I was much better then because of practice. I'm still fairly decent now, and have little problems beating the computer. Online is a completely different animal, since there is an element of unpredictability as you have to both watch out for the AI as well as the player your opponent is controlling. Once you figure out tendencies, though, it gets a bit easier.

And Toff, I did struggle, particularly because of the height advantage a Mertesacker gives him. I couldn't really take advantage of corners or anything in the air, so that was all chucked out the door. I think our final score was 4-4 or 5-5. I just remember nicking 2 goals very late to steal a result. Caught him playing an offside trap, and Park Chu Yung did the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo1
    Add me folks.

PS3 - Ray_Walker

Play Fifa 12 and MW3 online. If you decide to add me please put your forum name in the message so I know who you are
    Might give you a shout on both next week.

My friend's name that I play on is: BigDream3

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    You can't call someone bad if you've only ever played against the computer!

I can beat Barca with Brisbane Roar on Legendary by 3 clear goals consistently, but struggled against Marty and really only Marty.
    Played lots against mates but not online. How does it work, do you go to a central area and it loads the game or do you need the game and it goes through that?

Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeBlue
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    You can't call someone bad if you've only ever played against the computer!

I can beat Barca with Brisbane Roar on Legendary by 3 clear goals consistently, but struggled against Marty and really only Marty.
    Played lots against mates but not online. How does it work, do you go to a central area and it loads the game or do you need the game and it goes through that?
    A couple of ways. You'd need the game for both.

Obviously, the first one is friendlies where you challenge someone directly via a username.

The other is a bit more random. It matches you up with people on the same level as you (EXP points) as well as what star team you choose (so basically you won't be matched up against Spain if you are QPR or something).

There are some other features, but the above ones are what I use most.

FIFA's really laggy online though.

Game slows down and can become unpredictable. I played a mate from Canada on it and it was like playing it on slow-speed.

Hmm, probably depends on connection, Axeman.

Didn't have problems playing against Boris then. Have a couple of laggy spurts once in a while, but nothing drastic.

In saying that I don't even think I've played FIFA 12 online, just previous titles.

Add me mrtz and if you're ever on looking a game I'll try it and see.

Sounds good. Not this weekend, but probably the one after that. My friend is out of town this weekend so won't be able to play at all.

and yes, FIFA 11 connection, was not great and we never really played online much as a result... probably didn't help that we were connected to our uni's horrible wifi too.

I have a superb connection so no trouble from my side.

Next weekend I should be online knocking about. Pre-ordered Dragon's Dogma and GRFS so I'll give those a go this weekend.