Page 1 of 66 121151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Footballers behaving badly thread.

The Footballers behaving badly thread.

I thought it might be a good idea to have one topic
    only where we could discuss our football players when there
    caught behaving badly and this shocking case is a good place to start.

Ex Wigan player Marlon King was sent down yesterday
    for 18 months for sexually assaulting a woman in a night club

He had placed his hand on her bum but when she protested he punched her in the face and broke her nose.

What a charming gentleman.

I hope when he has served his sentence he never plays for another football club in this country again.

So I ask who is to blame for turning some of our footballers into these monsters?

Is it our clubs for paying them so much money or down to the individual person being responsible for their behaviour?

Good point about the wife.

I really don't understand how any woman can go out with a man like King?

It would help if some of the young ladies in this country stopped dropping their knickers
    every time a 3rd rate footballer bought them a drink or showed a passing interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    scumbags are scumbags regardless of how much they earn.

King would be in prison whether he was a footballer or not. he has a rap sheet as long as his arm despite his privileged life. if all that wealth and opportunity cant find its way to making him a decent person than nothing will.

what makes me laugh is his mug of a wife joining him in court despite the fact he must have cheated on her a thousand times.

he really should have employed Gerrard's lawyer though. he made a big error there. Gerrard was caught on CCTV and by several witnessed but got away with it. King was only up against eye witnesses and got 18 months. just goes to show you doesn't it.

The Steely Hill

Educating and Informing since 2006
    Yeah good point about Gerrard! I'm still scratching my head over that and always will be...

However I think King had a string of offenses which obviously played up against his sentence.

His Wife just wants the luxury life of course! don't feel sorry for her, she's just there for the money!!!

Well, it was bound to happen. King has been sacked by Wigan. Maybe now he can get a job on eastenders, playing lucas' double.

I agree with all that's been said here, but do you think once his sentence is out, he deserves a second chance in football?

OK i posted on another thread regarding this but basically my thoughts were that KIng got off lucky ,he should be doing at least 3 years for such a crime. It kind of tells you about how much society in the UK value women.

As i said on the other thread i thought the Wigan owners comments were those of a man who loves the attention rather than saying anything meaningful. I really am baffled by how sky always are able to interview him quicker than anyone less regarding anything to do with football. He seems to be Sky's go to guy for quotable comments. What was funny was how he spouted off a bunch of quotes that everyone wanted to hear ,then he was asked why he thinks King shouldn't be allowed to resume his career ,when players like Joey Barton were able to. The fogey was stumped ,never had an answer which means he never thought about what he was actually saying ,just getting his camera time.

That's how society is today, glorifying fame ,wealth and celebrity to such extremes that young an old can resort to such depths of self promoting and egomaniacal behavior.If i were sentencing King he would have less of a chance to play competitive football ,and i would make sure that the victim sues him for damages.

Maybe football stars is getting too much fame and money, they get so big headed thinking everything goes their way like in this case every woman hes interested in would not reject him, and just lost it when she did I hope that lady's ok...

But Gerrard's incident shows there is not always justice, if King was an important star for the country team I doubt he would get as bad a sentence??

Quote Originally Posted by Learning
    Maybe football stars is getting too much fame and money, they get so big headed thinking everything goes their way like in this case every woman hes interested in would not reject him, and just lost it when she did I hope that lady's ok...

But Gerrard's incident shows there is not always justice, if King was an important star for the country team I doubt he would get as bad a sentence??
    well i agree with that to a point ,but Ledley King did a lot less than Gerrard and he was plastered all over the place with his shocking behaviour,so i think it really depends on the "star" player.

Joey Barton had done things that make Wigans King look like a saint, stabbing a cigar out on a teenagers eyelids,HIm and four blokes kicking the sh*t out of a kid in the street, Cowardly attacking a teammate from behind in practice ,os bad that he looked like elephant man to name a few.

What disgusts me about king was the physical contact with a woman and breaking her nose. If that was my daughter he wouldn't make it to jail ,he's a coward and a disgrace to his people.

Newcastle striker Andy Carrol has been arrested
    in the early hours of Monday for assualt after leaving a nightclub.

Was it the hair style?