Page 136 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3686126135136137146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1617

Thread: Clive's Lounge

1970s - Glam Rock
    1980s - Ska

Funny how all contemporary music sounds sh*t to middle aged grumpy old men like me, I go to Pure Gym and they pipe contemporary tracks throughout the gym and the f*cking changing rooms, there is no escape. One thing I've noticed is a lot of tracks are not much more than remixes/cover versions of tracks I listened to as a young man. Is that Grime Hams? The ones that break into old tracks every now and then?
    Last edited by Pickleman1967; 14-03-2017 at 06:56 PM.
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    1970's - punk,disco
    1980's - Hip Hop,House
    1990's - Dance music,R'n'B
    2000's - Garage,Dub Step
    2010's - Grime
    New romantics in the 80's and Britpop in the 90's

Grime which is a kind of British rap is pretty popular these days with the kids.
    Its even become more main stream with artists like Stormzy and Tinnie Tempah etc
    Really dont get all the modern mumble rap shite. My neice listens to crap like Lil Wayne and Drake etc. I tried to talk to her about the classics of the genre like Public Enemy, Eric B and Rakim, BDP, Tribe called Quest etc. but the look on her face told me that I am an oldie now. It wont be long before I start complaining with 'Thats not music thats just noise, get some old school classic like Bitch with a Perm or Fuk tha Police'!.

Happy Steak and BJ day fellas.................I had Pasta for dinner.

Is that Grime Hams? The ones that break into old tracks every now and then?
    It depends Pickle
    A lot of current dance music songs are re mixes of old pop tracks from 20 years ago
    which have become popular again as todays youth hadn't heard them before until now.

Most British Grime songs have a heavy base and also sample old Hip Hop classics with
    the artist rapping about gang culture or women,or their latest run in with the boys in Blue.

My mates kids who are teenagers now all love the old rap classics that we play them Seamus
    from the 80's and 90's and love to hear our tales about when we used to do break dancing etc.

I
    My mates kids who are teenagers now all love the old rap classics that we play them Seamus
    from the 80's and 90's and love to hear our tales about when we used to do break dancing etc.
    I can still break dance now, in that if I try to dance I end up breaking something, possibly my back!.

There are scenes of rejoicing across the country as Bananarama announce that they are reforming!. Keren was my first celebrity crush growing up. I wonder if the wife would object to me digging up my old posters and putting them up in the bedroom?!.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    There are scenes of rejoicing across the country as Bananarama announce that they are reforming!. Keren was my first celebrity crush growing up. I wonder if the wife would object to me digging up my old posters and putting them up in the bedroom?!.
    Could that not potentially lead to baby number 4 Seamus?

I always knew Steely was a Spice Girls fan.

So we had James Bond star Roger Moore pass away

British Airways had an IT meltdown ruining everyone's holidays.

And Tiger Woods was arrested for drug driving after being found asleep in his car!

So we had James Bond star Roger Moore pass away
    Not my favourite Bond but always seemed like a nice guy.