Page 1 of 13 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Open

Australian Open

Andy Murray The BRIT is through to Round 3 of the Aussie Open

And we even have a British woman reaching The 3rd round in Elena Baltacha

I'll update this thread on a regular basis.

Can Andy Murray win his first ever Grand Slam??

Or will Roger Federer be the main man again?

Andy Murray has made it through to the quarter finals.

But will be up against Rafael Nadal now!

Anybody think he has was it takes to progress?

Havent seen any matches yet but back at home now for the week so Ill hopefully catch the rest of the tournament. Nadal hasnt been playing well all year but he must be doing fine to be in the QF's so it should be an interesting match.

I still cant see past Federer as usual, he seems to be playing well and when thats the case he's rarely beatable.

Was there today, only had ground passes this year so spent most of teh day in the Heineken beer garden watching the action on the big screen but got given tickets to the main arena later on in time to wach Roddick vs Cilic. Roddicks serve is one of the wonders of sport imo, just devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jono
    Was there today, only had ground passes this year so spent most of teh day in the Heineken beer garden watching the action on the big screen but got given tickets to the main arena later on in time to wach Roddick vs Cilic. Roddicks serve is one of the wonders of sport imo, just devastating.
    It turned out to be a 5 set thriller I believe Jono?

Lovely guy Roddick and a real gentleman.

Would love to see him win a grand slam again if he can get past Nadal/Federer etc.

Murray v Nadal has just kicked off now

Come on Tim I mean Andy!

I gather Roddick is out so won't be winning this Grand Slam!

Murray is now 2 sets up!

The second set went to a tie break.

Nadal has just called on his trainer for a knee problem.

Things not looking good for The Spaniard......

The winner of this match will play Cilic in the semi final.

Murray wins!

Nadal had to pull out in the 3rd set. He did look in a bit of pain. He kept pulling up on shots because his knees couldnt take the weight. Bad news for him, but good for Muzza.

You've got to think he'll make in into the final now. All credit to Cilic, but Murray should be able to beat him. He was on fire today against Nadal. Faultless tennis at times.

Cilic looked pretty good against Roddick tho, that will be a good match vs Murray.

Federer is almost a lock for this tho, he looks unstoppable. He was devastating against Hewitt and isnt even in top gear yet.

Cilic easily beat Murray in the US Open last year so it should be really interesting in the semi. Really tough to call.

Federer is still the clear favourite, Davydenko is in good form and beat him a couple of weeks ago in a final though so its not a foregone conclusion. Shame the matches are on so late over here, seems to have been some great matches so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Cilic easily beat Murray in the US Open last year so it should be really interesting in the semi. Really tough to call.

Federer is still the clear favourite, Davydenko is in good form and beat him a couple of weeks ago in a final though so its not a foregone conclusion. Shame the matches are on so late over here, seems to have been some great matches so far.
    yeah the time over here is crap...even though murray and nadal was at 8.30 still didnt get up for it...

if its federer and murray final ill watch it