Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Level 1/Level 2/ UEFA B

Level 1/Level 2/ UEFA B

Hi Guys,

I've read through a lot of the coaching forum and a few are asking questions about the course. I've just completed the 9 month course so if anyone would like any information or help about the UEFA B or any coaching badges, please feel free to message me.

Matty

Hi Matty, I'm considering taking my Uefa B qualification in the summer and i'm wondering whats actually involved on the course, how long it takes and how difficult the course is? I took my level 2 a couple of years ago and have been coaching an adult team for the last 4 years and i'm hoping that will stand me in good stead.

Thanks

Chris

Hi mate!

To start off, the UEFA B is a really enjoyable course however Its very demanding. I'm doing it young (still at University) as I do have a lot of spare time so it helps. I would only jump onto a course if you do have time set aside to complete the folder/sessions etc. However stating that you run an adult side, you must do which is great!

First of all, you will have either a Function OR small sided game AND a phase of play. Without going into too much detail, they all require different formations/pitch sizes. But don't worry about this, you will learn this as you go along. With regards to difficulty, I'd say its tough, but passable. I'm still waiting for my final assessment to be completed so will let you know how i go on, however its like anything.. put the work in and you will be fine!

Many people may say "Don't do it, its a lot of money" blah blah blah but I would encourage you to (if you have the money and determination) do the course.

Good luck mate hope this helps!

-Matty

Thats really good info Matty. I've wanted to do my UEFA B for quite a while now and will hopefully do it this year I just need to get the money sorted out for it.

Starting off

Hi Matty

Bit of advice, help guidance anything really.

Im Currently helping out as a volunteer coach at a local primary school as ive always wanted to get into coaching and 1 day set up a coaching business. ive had a crb check from the school etc, ive helped out at a few local sunday teams and parents have asked me to take over a few as i seem to work well with the kids and i make the sessions fun but they learn football !!

I want to take this further and i presume the level 1 badge is my first stop !

Questions if you can help do i need anything before i go for level 1 ?

Is there a local venue that offers level 1 and would you know any prices etc

any help would be great

Simon - Wigan

Hi Simon, you don't need anything before you do your level 1, you just need a couple of free weekends because this is usually when the level one courses take place. You need to contact your local F.A. with regards to local courses for you and they will give you the price for the course also. I believe i paid around 90 for my level 1 but it was a few years ago so it may have changed now. Also, you can go straight onto your level 2 without doing your level 1 if you prefer although I would recommend doing the level 1 as every course you do with enhance your knowledge and give you the opportunity do develop your coaching skills.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Buckard
    Hi Simon, you don't need anything before you do your level 1, you just need a couple of free weekends because this is usually when the level one courses take place. You need to contact your local F.A. with regards to local courses for you and they will give you the price for the course also. I believe i paid around 90 for my level 1 but it was a few years ago so it may have changed now. Also, you can go straight onto your level 2 without doing your level 1 if you prefer although I would recommend doing the level 1 as every course you do with enhance your knowledge and give you the opportunity do develop your coaching skills.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Hi chris

cheers for the advice i will be going for levl 1 first to give me total knowledge on the game etc

Just as a side note Simon - the level 1 gives you very little knowledge of the game. Its basically a course designed to give those with little or no experience of football a starting point. It mostly consists of what i would call fun games and warm up routines. I would also say its a good base for those who are parents wanting to get involved in coaching their kids teams but dont have too much knowledge of how to go about things. Probably the most valuable thing about the level 1 is that it usually includes a first aid certificate of some sort which is a prerequisite of entry to the level 2.

Im not saying dont do it, just letting you know what its about. Good luck.

Hi mate,

Just reading the posts then about level 1. It is a basic footballing qualification, you won't be coaching attacking runs from midfield with this badge, however what it does, is give you a sound understanding of mini soccer games that can be transferred into adult football regardless of ability. I've used level 1 sessions as warm ups for Semi Professional players.

Thanks
    Matty

hi guys just starting my level 1 today later on