Page 1 of 23 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: NEEP HELP OR ASSISTANCE USING THE FORUM? ASK HERE

NEEP HELP OR ASSISTANCE USING THE FORUM? ASK HERE

Got a question about using the forum or any of its features? Post it in this thread and someone will try help you as soon as possible.

Hi Jono & Co
    Stupid question department: I have recently mastered the art of putting a picture on a post using imageshack.us.....only thing is they are always on the small side - when looking at all the lovely laiiiiiiiidies on "celebrity who's hot and not" there are some nice big pictures - when I host them on imageshack I always choose the largest in the hope my favourite from Girls Allowed can adorn your pages in a giant Marshmallow-Man-from-Ghostbusters kind of way.....but it never happens?...

On the Imageshack homepage there is a resize option, you probably have it set too small.
    Dont set it too big either though or the page will get distorted..640X480 is what I have it on

Also - copy and paste the direct link into your post with the [img] tags. The direct link is at the very bottom of the imageshack.us links page once you've uploaded your picture.

just like you did with your avatar only with the tags that Axey has already said

Thanks Conaldinho....I just tried it but it still comes out quite small..I will have a play...

That's fine! If you now click on the picture you get taken to the link - easy!

Ahhhhhh I seeeee now - thanks very much guys for being so patient, the penny has finally dropped!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyjinx
    Thanks Conaldinho....I just tried it but it still comes out quite small..I will have a play...

No see, you aren't posting the 'direct link'!! You're direct link should look like this:

"http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1004/trinitp4.png" is the actual new link for your uploaded picture. So what you do, is copy & paste that from the 'direct link' box on imageshack (after uploading the picture) then put [img]%20before%20the%20link%20and%20[/img] after the link.

This is what you will get:

If you still can't understand what I've did there, then click the 'Quote' for this post and you'll be able to see all the links I've produced.

The link you are posting is the 'thumbnail for forums link' - which is useful, but makes your image very small like they have been, until you click on it.

That's because you are putting the wrong link into your post - this is what you posted: [*****URL=http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trinitp4.png][******img]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1004/trinitp4.th.png[/img********][/URL******]

Only without the stars I've inserted.

So, only use the direct link and use the IMG tags!

Way! Glad you've got it now - just remember it this time!