Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption

A new title from Rockstar (Brought us GTA, Manhunt, Midnight club to name some) are releasing a new game Red Dead Redemption.

The game is based in the early 1900's and is set in American (wild west setting).

Your character is John Marston and you have to go round villages and communities performing tasks and duties for sheriffs, outlaws etc. You can chose how you go about your tasks a sort of good/evil decision.

The online multiplayer looks very impressive you can free roam with your mates having shoot outs with other gangs online.

I watched the videos on their website, looks very good, bit of a GTA in the wild west feel about it.

The release is 18th may US, 21st May Europe and UK.

Has anyone else seen this game or seen any other clips or info?

Do you think you'll buy it?

Anyone tried this game? Bought it earlier on eBay for 25 which seems like a good bargain.

A couple of my mates have it and say its a great game so looking forward to trying it

It's a great game Steely, graphicaly superb and some epic fighting, Basicaly, it's GTA set in the wild west with a few tweaks here and there. A great gaming environment too, vast maps and areas to explore, you can even go to Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by paddypoohead
    It's a great game Steely, graphicaly superb and some epic fighting, Basicaly, it's GTA set in the wild west with a few tweaks here and there. A great gaming environment too, vast maps and areas to explore, you can even go to Mexico!
    worth getting then?

i basicaly judged it by its cover and, while it looked like GTA, i doubted whether it would live up to it. is the storyline and gameplay strong enough? i cant play online so only care about the 1 player aspect of the game.

i take it you have it then?
    I have it and have completed it, they could have easily called it GTA:Wild West or something as the gameplay is very similar to GTA, as are the controls. Event the way you go from person to person doing missions and yes the story is very good too.

how long did it take you to complete?
    Cant really remember, depends though, you could probably spend about 15-40 hours completing it, depending on how much percentage you want to complete, just like gta. I think i was somewhere around 25-30 hours,i like exploring and doing things slow though.

Yep definitely worth getting, I'm only about a third through it so far I think but the storyline is only a small part of the game, you can play for hours without doing a single mission. The map is superb, probably the biggest Ive ever seen in a game and you can spend all day just riding about exploring, hunting, visiting towns etc. The story is pretty good as well and John Marsdon is a lot more likeable than Niko in GTA

Check eBay if you have an account, I picked it up for 25 when its still going for up to 50 in shops

I loved Nico, such a complicated man.

Quote Originally Posted by paddypoohead
    I loved Nico, such a complicated man.

i did too.

although my favourite was always Brucie. that man cracked me up. i would always pick him up and take him out for a beer or down the strip club! he had some great lines!

i agree Brucie was amazing, so many hilarious quotes. I think my favourite had to be when he was talking about Roman, he said something like "I love that guy......if i was a homo and a chubby chaser he'd be in trouble!"

"Yeah I grunt when I get my swole on at the gym. So everyone can see how jacked and tan I am."

"Stay Alpha, bro."

"i have an ass of a gymnast and a forehead of a baby

"WTF!! Is that cellulite? I don't do 500 crunches a day to **** cellulite, I am a winner! That better not be cellulite!"

"Well I was nearly going to say as tight as my abs, but nothing is as tight as this, come on, you wanna feel?"

i just typed in Brucie quotes into google and a few forums had some.

GTA wiki might help you for quotes, Steely?