Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

i see what you both meant about the vastness of the map.

i keep needing to loot dead people to fund my poker/five finger stab thing addiction!

i also enjoy shooting horses in the face. thumbs up from me so far.

Yes i loved the map, i rarely fast travelled(teleported) because i just loved riding around on the horse and seeing the sights and what was going on, there were always robberies on the roadside, people trying to shoot you, killing each other etc. Wait to you get to Mexico though, some of the missions there are epic and the best in the game in my opnion. Seeing animals in GTA-esque game was also a bit strange, some are very dangerous though watch out for the bears and cougars!

Quote Originally Posted by paddypoohead
    Yes i loved the map, i rarely fast travelled(teleported) because i just loved riding around on the horse and seeing the sights and what was going on, there were always robberies on the roadside, people trying to shoot you, killing each other etc. Wait to you get to Mexico though, some of the missions there are epic and the best in the game in my opnion. Seeing animals in GTA-esque game was also a bit strange, some are very dangerous though watch out for the bears and cougars!
    yeah, i have yet to fast travel and prefer mincing around on my horse like an extra from Brokeback Mountain.

i did get attacked by a cougar actually, i shat myself and rode off on my nearby horse as i didnt get my gun out quick enough!

how do you arrest people without killing them when they are doing robberies or are bounties?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    yeah, i have yet to fast travel and prefer mincing around on my horse like an extra from Brokeback Mountain.

i did get attacked by a cougar actually, i shat myself and rode off on my nearby horse as i didnt get my gun out quick enough!

how do you arrest people without killing them when they are doing robberies or are bounties?
    You lasoo them and bring them to the sheriff, im not sure how far your into it but i think its a little while before you learn how to lassoo, it can be quite hard and annoying at the start but its ok when you get the hang of it, then you just put them on the back of your horse and bring them to the sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

You lasoo them and bring them to the sheriff, im not sure how far your into it but i think its a little while before you learn how to lassoo, it can be quite hard and annoying at the start but its ok when you get the hang of it, then you just put them on the back of your horse and bring them to the sheriff.
    i aint even got a lasoo.

basically, at the earliest opportunity i went off on my own. i have done a couple of sheriff missions but other than that i have just been going around making people's lives a misery.

i'm sure i will get to that eventually! the duel's are quite funny as well.

You should do all the missions in that ranch place before you go off on your own, the missions are just a tutorial for the most part and its a handy way to get used to the basics

I'm still in Mexico in my game, loving the map, particularly the eastern half of Mexico with the big stone monuments.

do you get to Maxico after a certain mission or something?

right now, i only have Armadillo and the Ranch on my map. although i am all set to hit Thieves Landing to do something for some prat in a suit.

now that i have stopped murdering horses and innocent civilians i am accumulating a bit of cash, about 700 bucks. i have found that a good way of not being grassed up for my crimes is to simply murder every witness. after about 7 or so witnesses there is nobody left to grass on you. i then loot their corpses and go about my daily business. i think my need to work up my honour a little bit now though.

is there any pros and cons to good/bad honour and fame?

Yeah you get more leniency from the police if your honour is high, you can commit some crimes and they'll just look the other way. You also get discounts in shops and a few other nice bonuses. Not sure what negative honour gets you, I'm sure there must be some pro's to following that path.

You get to Mexico after you attack Fort Mercer, right now you can go anywhere in the US accept that area in the North West out past Thieves Landing.

I think you're about to meet Irish if you're on the way to Thieves Landing, seem to remember first running into him there

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Yeah you get more leniency from the police if your honour is high, you can commit some crimes and they'll just look the other way. You also get discounts in shops and a few other nice bonuses. Not sure what negative honour gets you, I'm sure there must be some pro's to following that path.

You get to Mexico after you attack Fort Mercer, right now you can go anywhere in the US accept that area in the North West out past Thieves Landing.

I think you're about to meet Irish if you're on the way to Thieves Landing, seem to remember first running into him there
    might be worth 'going straight' then. it is costing me a fortune paying off witnesses and bounties on my head. it becomes catch 22. i kill people to loot their blood stained corpses for money while paying it out in bounties moments later!

is there any quickfire easy way of making money besides bounty hunting?

Not that I've come across no, hunting rare animals is a good way but again it takes a lot of effort. Things like cougars, wolves etc are all worth quite a bit but obviously you then run the risk of getting killed, cougars usually sneak up on you and attack out of nowhere.

Hawks and eagles are probably the best to hunt, theyre easy to kill, usually fly in groups and when you take their feathers you can get 3 or 4 off each bird and they go for around $20 each