Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The French Open

It was a real shame Murray went out as he did so well
    in the 1st 3 rounds but we all know that he doesn't normally do well on Clay.

Mens Quarter final draw

Roger Ferderer(Switzerland) v Robin Soderling(Sweden)
    Toma Berdych(CZE) v Mikhail Youhzny(Russia)

Jurgen Melzer(AUT) v Novak Djokovic(Serbia)
    Nicolas Almargo(Spain) v Rafael Nadal(Spain)

Womens Quarter final draw

Serena Williams(USA) v Samantha Stosur(Aus)
    Jelena Jankovic(Serbia) v Yaroslava Shvedova(Kaz)

Francesa Schiavone(Italy) v Caroline Wozniaki(Denmark)
    Elena Dementiava(Russia) v Nadia Petrova(Russia)

The biggest shocks in The Womens draw so far have been
    Venus Williams being knocked out by Russian Nadia Petrova in the last round.

And the Queen of Roland Garros Justine Henin was beaten by Australian Samantha Stosur(Who?!)

Defending champion Roger Federer suffered a shock quarter-final
    exit at the French Open when he lost 3-6 6-3 7-5 6-4 to Sweden's
    Robin Soderling in a rain-interrupted match on Philippe Chatrier court.

This must surely leave Rafael Nadal as The favourite to win the tournament now.

Couldnt believe it when I heard it earlier on the radio, thought I'd misheard it but amazing, Federer beaten before the semi's in a Grand Slam for the first time since 2004.

Nadal is the obvious choice now but Soderling and Djokovic will both be in with a chance as Nadal isnt invincible like he was a few years ago

Just been watching Serena Williams being knockers out by Australian Samantha Stosur

The Aussie was serving to win the match in the 2nd set but The World No1 then fought back to make it 1 set all.

In the 3rd set Williams then had a match point but Stosur then fought back to win the final set 8-6 in the end and go through to the semi.

Who the hell is this Aussie player Stosur then?

- I've never heard of her before until This French open but she has now beaten Henin and Williams!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Just been watching Serena Williams being knockers out by Australian Samantha Stosur

Hams you got boobs on your brain 24/7 it seems.

Its lucky I don't work for one of the national papers,I'd be fired after a couple of days!

We've now reached The semi final stage.

Mens Semi Finals

Robin Soderling(Sweden) v Toma Berdych(Cze)
    Jurgen Meltzer(Aut) v Rafael Nadal(Spain)

Womens Semi Finals

Samantha Stosur(Aus) v Jelena Jankovic(Serbia)
    Francesa Schiavone(Italy) v Elena Dementieva(Russia)

The Soderling v Berdych clash should be a great one to watch if you have some spare time today.

Djokovic lost as well?! Who's Meltzer

Nadal v Soderling seems like the obvious final but its good to see a bit of unpredictability for a change so who knows what could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Djokovic lost as well?! Who's Meltzer

Nadal v Soderling seems like the obvious final but its good to see a bit of unpredictability for a change so who knows what could happen
    I believe Meltzer is an Austrian although I don't know too much else about him.

Djokovic won the opening 2 sets of their match but his opponent made a great comeback to win the last 3!

Aussie Sam Stosur thrashed Jelena Jankovic 6-1 6-2 to reach The womens final.
    It was one of the most one sided matches I've ever seen!

In the other Semi Francesca Schiavone went through 7-6 after her opponent Elena Dementieva retired with an injury.
    This is the first Italian woman to reach a Grand Slam final for a very long time.

So on Saturday Sam Stoor of Australia will play Francesca Schiavone of Italy in the final to see who will be queen of Roland Garros.