Thread: Rafa wants wingers

Rafa wants wingers

Reds boss Rafa Benitez is anxious to bring in a new right winger before the close of the transfer window after missing out on Portuguese ace Luis Figo.

Benitez is scouring Europe for the missing piece in his jigsaw and has been linked with Bolton's Stelios Giannakopoulos and Fulham's Steed Malbranque.

Benitez is looking at the former arsenal man Wiltord as he is said to be unsettled at Lyon. Rumours persist that Wiltord is unsettled at Lyon as, despite previous denials, reports continue that he has a strained relationship with coach Gerard Houllier.

However Bayern Munich ace Hasan Salihamidzic is Benitez's preferred target

The Bosnia international has spent seven seasons with Bayern and is a valuable member of Felix Magath's squad.

He has two years left on his contract and Benitez may have to stump up a significant sum if he follows through with his interest in the wide man.

Wiltord impressed me in the later stages of the champions league last year but im pretty sure that he was playing as a striker not a winger.

Malbranque would not be a good move in my opinion. Stelios would be better, but surely Liverpool can find someone better out in Europe somewhere.

Hasan Salihamidzic is a quality player who would be a fantastic move for Liverpool

i rate Steed Malbranque alot and think he is a fantastic player and would fit into the Liverpool team perfectly

They want Solano but Villa wont let him go

Hasan Salihamidzic wont leave bayern munich and has laughed off rumors. Money will be spent on bring owen back :P