Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 1231252 ... LastLast

Thread: Member of the Month

Pokerkings has done a great job this month..

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Pokerkings has done a great job this month..
    i`ll second Pokerkings ...i have noticed he has been posting well lately .

Its a difficult decision for me to decide between Almeida and Pokerkings as they have both been good.

But I will nominate Pokerkings on this occasion as he has also started a few topics on the forum this month.

Hey Conner,rather than have a poll as well why don't we just count how many nominations members receive?
    And who ever has the most is the winner....We could leave this open for a few more days still to give others a chance to have their say.

PS..Don't forget guys us Admins/mods can be nominated now too

oh thanx guys for mentioning my name, i really appreciate it, but i have to withdraw my candidacy! and there are a couple of reasons for that.

first of all, the forum as a whole pertains to football after all, and as you may have noticed, i have quite rare appeared in football topics as compared to general discussions, not only because of my nonfluent English, but also because i'm not watching football matches online to really know the situation. it can take me up to two days before i finally download some highlights and reviews of the week to watch them! so i'm certainly not keeping the track of events to post interesting messages on the topics pertaing to football..

i'm still sticking to my nomination of specnur, he has had a decent activity here IMO. i would love to nominate Steely either, since he has been regulary making my day since he was here again after a short absence, but unfortunately there can be only one candidate... may it be specnur then!

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Its a difficult decision for me to decide between Almeida and Pokerkings as they have both been good.

But I will nominate Pokerkings on this occasion as he has also started a few topics on the forum this month.

Hey Conner,rather than have a poll as well why don't we just count how many nominations members receive?
    And who ever has the most is the winner....We could leave this open for a few more days still to give others a chance to have their say.

PS..Don't forget guys us Admins/mods can be nominated now too
    no ....i dont want to start changing the rules now really ..we all agreed on the format and a poll is easy to set up and control . If it aint broke ...

Quote Originally Posted by Almeida
    oh thanx guys for mentioning my name, i really appreciate it, but i have to withdraw my candidacy! and there are a couple of reasons for that.

first of all, the forum as a whole pertains to football after all, and as you may have noticed, i have quite rare appeared in football topics as compared to general discussions, not only because of my nonfluent English, but also because i'm not watching football matches online to really know the situation. it can take me up to two days before i finally download some highlights and reviews of the week to watch them! so i'm certainly not keeping the track of events to post interesting messages on the topics pertaing to football..

i'm still sticking to my nomination of specnur, he has had a decent activity here IMO. i would love to nominate Steely either, since he has been regulary making my day since he was here again after a short absence, but unfortunately there can be only one candidate... may it be specnur then!
    Almeida ...please remember that this award is given for a members overall contribution to the forum ..irrespective of where they have posted or how good their english is . We are not looking for the best written post or the most quantity of posts in the football sections here ....it would be totally unfair to judge it that way . We judge it on many factors ...how funny a member is ...are they always polite to other members and treat them with respect , do they argue well or give a good viewpoint when posting ....are they sensible mostly and not at all biased , and are they regularly posting on the forum ..do they help others when needed if they can ...etc

I hope you will reconsider and allow yourself to be nominated for this award ...it is just a way of aknowledging those we feel deserve a special mention each month in this forum .

Almeida hasn't posted very much but all his posts have been quality. My nomination also goes to him
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

can everyone please remember a nomination is not a vote for who you want to win ...it is to decide which members will be included in the poll to win the award . It only requires two nominations to be included in the poll ...so there is no need to nominate a member three or four times .

We have plenty of time to nominate ..the poll will not go up until the weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by conner99
    I hope you will reconsider and allow yourself to be nominated for this award ...it is just a way of aknowledging those we feel deserve a special mention each month in this forum .
    ok, be it so although i'm already grateful to all the members for providing colloquial English i have been reading since i joined this forum!