Page 2 of 518 FirstFirst 1231252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Spurs Rumours

I think Spurs should go after Matty Taylor. He'd be relatively cheap and is a genuine left sided player, which they need at the moment.

Pascal Chimbonda has admitted he is surprised Tottenham have made moves for two new full-backs.

Spurs have signed highly-rated Wales international Chris Gunter, while they made a bid Rangers star Alan Hutton only for the player to decide to stay at Ibrox.

The move for the duo has fuelled speculation over Chimbonda's long-term future at White Hart Lane.

Chimbonda is believed to been unsettled as a result of Tottenham's capture of Gunter and their interest in Scotland international Hutton.

The French international was told by the Spurs coaching staff that they plan to play him in central defence and although Chimbonda is ready to help out, he says his preferred position is right-back.

"I am shocked that the club have made offers for two right-backs," Chimbonda told skysports.com

"I realise they have signed an exciting new defender in Gunter and also made a bid for Alan Hutton.

"I am essentially a right-back and although I don't mind playing in central defence to help out my team my proper position is right back.

"When I asked why the club had signed a new right-back and moved for another one I was told they wanted me to play in central defence and I just laughed."

The former Wigan star has been in talks over a new deal for some time, but as yet has not agreed a contract extension.

The French international says he would be happy to stay if he receives the right offer.

"I would be happy to stay if I receive the right contract offer," added Chimbonda.

Chimbonda's agent Willie McKay admits the player has found it difficult that the club are pursuing new full-backs.

"It is difficult that Tottenham are looking at players who play in Pascal's position," McKay told skysports.com.

"Pascal has proved he is one of the best full-backs in the Premier League and he could play for one of the top four clubs."
    Chimbonda Unsettled?

Youd think so the way he played against Villa, acting exactly the same he did before he left Wigan lately.

I hope he doesnt expect the club to show him some sort of loyalty, you get what you give and he pretty much begged Chelsea and Arsenal to come get him last offseason.

If we get Hutton ship him on i say, wont be here that long anyway.

Were West Ham interested in signing him in the summer?

Not that I remember, Steely might know.

i think berba will go so we need to move on! i think it is clear that we need 2 buy

the first signing should be drenthe!!! left wing!!
    then jarque CB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really good
    would also love maduro and luka modic!!!
    when berba leaves his cover could would be elmander from toulouse

tell me wat u think???

Drenthe yes please, moreso with jarque. Think Jarque is a very good possibility but not so much Drenthe.

Dont know much about maduro and modic and elmander so cant really comment.

Modric made Gerrard and Lampard look like schoolboys earlier in the year for Croatia at Wembley. Pace, skill and even though he looks about 12, he also shockingly out muscled them on the floor and in the air.

I think the Kid has a bright future.

Modric has recently said he's going nowhere anytime soon so doubt that.

Apparantly Schuster doesn't want Drenthe and he's available.

Don't rate Maduro that highly. Just another Jenas if you ask me

No nothing of Jarque but know that Elmander is supposed to be the Swedish Gerrard. Only saw him a few times and looked decent. Would certainly be better than Jenas

We've been linked with elmander recently.

Would love to have modric but doubt wed get him.