Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23637273

Thread: Latest Recommended Movies or DVDs ~ All Genres XD

Re: Latest Recommended Movies or DVDs ~ All Genres XD

I really hated Cloverfield as the film was shot with a shaky hand held camera and it made me dizzy just watching it.
    It was bad enough with that Blair With Project nonsense.
    I hear this new 10 Cloverfield Lane is not a sequel but is set at the same time line as the first movie but telling a different story.

The latest Sci Fi movie i have got around to watching was Terminator Genisys which kind of left me feeling very disappointed.

I was expecting a movie set in the future when SkyNet has taken over the world with their machines and there is still a human
    resistance however what we got was a sort of homage to the other films in the franchise with our heroes all going back in time.

It was great to see Schwarzenegger back in role that made him famous and there was also some good humour and one liners.
    The special effects were good and the acting was OK but the plot let the whole experience down so will only get 7/10 from me.

When I told a mate of mine that I was going to see 10 Cloverfield he was like, nah, that's not for me, thought the first movie was shite. To be honest, I didn't connect the two, and as a viewer you don't relate the two films until much later in the movie. It's worth a watch just for Goodman's performance alone..

Those new remakes of Ben Hur and The Magnificent 7 look really pants and don't think either of them are worth going to see at the Cinema any time soon.

Doesnt seem to be any decent movies out at all at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams View Post
    Those new remakes of Ben Hur and The Magnificent 7 look really pants and don't think either of them are worth going to see at the Cinema any time soon.

Doesnt seem to be any decent movies out at all at the moment.
    For my sins I enjoyed Star Trek Beyond, the cgi used for the destruction
    of the Enterprise in the first 30 mins is amazing

I made the mistake to watch the new Ben Hur - just horrible.
    i havenīt read the book from Lew Wallace so i canīt say which is closer to the original story but this film isnīt worth watching it.

Today i will watch Sausage Party, hope itīs gona be funny

Quote Originally Posted by Zydus View Post
    Today i will watch Sausage Party, hope itīs gona be funny
    I can recommend this movie.
    For me it was funny.
    Maybe a strange story but ok.
    To have a nice evening with some of your friends itīs good.

It was like listening and watching a New Orleans jazz funeral and please refrain from being taken in by the media hype,as the only place I was transported was the drinks cabinet, I am of course referring to La La Land. Trust me, your Wives and respective partners will want to watch this and will employ emotional blackmail to ensure you watch it with them ....... Just run !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redpelt View Post
    It was like listening and watching a New Orleans jazz funeral and please refrain from being taken in by the media hype,as the only place I was transported was the drinks cabinet, I am of course referring to La La Land. Trust me, your Wives and respective partners will want to watch this and will employ emotional blackmail to ensure you watch it with them ....... Just run !!!!!!
    Thought that looked pony. But everyone is going on about it.

Duchess has got two hopes of me going through that.

Manchester By The Sea.

Casey Affleck plays Lee Chandler, a bit of a sad bloke with a bit of a sad life, working alone as an odd job man in a tenement block in Boston. The he gets a call that his brother has just died, so he must return to his family home to sort things out. There, as he deals with the fact that his late brother has made him the legal guardian of his son, we see his past life in a series of flashbacks that make the audience realise why Lee Chandler is now a bit of a sad bloke.
    It's very good. I'm not sure whether it will win Affleck the Oscar he's been nominated for but it's well worth a watch.

I'd give it a solid 8.2343/10.
    Last edited by Panja; 01-02-2017 at 06:30 AM.