Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11202122 LastLast

Thread: England v Australia - The Ashes

Re: England v Australia - The Ashes

And its all over in under 3 days!. You just cant get your head round this series. How can that Aussie team be the same as the one that humiliated England at Lords?. The batting - from both sides left a lot to be desired and the only bad point was the injury to Jimmy. A big loss make no mistake. No cricket to watch this weekend . I can only imagine the Aussies wanted to get out of Birmingham as fast as possible!.

Well done to the England team for beating the Aussies in just 3 days!
    The crowd at Edgebaston was also brilliant and i don't remember hearing such a noisy atmosphere for many years.
    Its a real blow to lose Jimmy Andersen for the 4th test in Nottingham but we can still beat them again.
    Who could have imagined that Steve Finn would come in and do so well on his comeback?

Mark Wood is recalled to replace the injured Jimmy Anderson for the 4th test at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.
    Come on England!

Aussies all out for 60! I've never heard of such a thing! Thank you Jebus!
    He's magic you kno-oow, Mauricio Poch-ett-ino!

It was an incredible first morning for England and for Stuart Broad too! Surely the 4th test is ours now and the Ashes?

WOW! . This Ashes series takes another amazing twist!. Broads bowling figures of 8-15 are now in the record books - who needs Jimmy Anderson eh?!. It was incredible to see the Aussies wickets tumble. Stokes catch from Voges was the best of the bunch and reminiscent of Paul Collingwood. The batting from England that followed was just as impressive. Root shows again how he is the man of the series.

End of day 1 and England are 214 runs ahead already!.

Stumps on day 2 . England declared on 391-9, giving them a lead of 331. Australia are currently 241-7. Should be over fairly early tommorow.

Saw this on facebook made me laugh.

There is nothing better than a good joke to wind up the Aussies as they have been bashing us Pommies for too long now!

England have won back the Ashes and now lead the series 3-1.

Brilliant swing bowling in this 2nd innings from Ben Stokes who with a bit of luck will become the new Andy Flintoff.

Who would have thought that we would beat them so easily inside 3 days?

This has been one of the most one sided series I can ever remember watching.

We thrashed them in Cardiff,then they did us at Lords but we hit back to humiliate them at both Birmingham and Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    This has been one of the most one sided series I can ever remember watching.
    To be fair the last series down under was very one sided!.

Time to wipe that Vegemite off the urn!.

I wonder where our old mate BMJ is?!

Final test tommorow and even though the series is already in the bag we would like to finish with a win. Jimmy Anderson is still injured so Mark Wood retains his place.