Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Australia - The Ashes

Only an hour or so to go:

It will be a drawn series 2-2. With 1 of the tests drawn due to bad weather.

England will retain the Ashes.

England will win the Gabba test.

So Day 1 in Brisbane ends with England 260 all out.

When I went to bed we were something like 112-2 so its disappointing that our batting collapsed.

Lets see tomorrow what The likes of Graham Swan can do with The ball. :P

Not too much in the pitch for spinners, Warnies been the only one ever to get good results on it consistently.

What a fantastic hattrick from Siddle on his birthday though! Aussie came out pumped and firing, all the grief theyve caught in the media over here lately has them fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    So Day 1 in Brisbane ends with England 260 all out.

When I went to bed we were something like 112-2 so its disappointing that our batting collapsed.

Lets see tomorrow what The likes of Graham Swan can do with The ball. :P
    not sure but 260 doesnt sound good????

come on ricky ponting

Day 2 finished with Australia on 220-5 when rain and bad light ended play early.

If England can pick up a couple of wickets early on tomorrow it will put us in with a good chance of at least drawing this test.

I'm planning an all nighter tonight, stocking up on caffeine for the long 8 hours of cricket ahead, wish me look on my dangerous quest.

I think a lot of people in England - the pundits, commentators and journalists - aren't giving Australia enough respect.

This test series is in Australia, so they should be judged on that. Yes, they've lost recent series against India and Pakistan, but they were away.

Australia in Australia is the ultimate challenge, so says India's VVS Laxman, who's a MASTER at scoring runs in Australia. He should know.

I can't pick a winner, but Aussies are definitely on course to go 1-0 in the series, as they've already wiped out England's 260 with 5 wickets still remaining.

Haddin and Hussey look ominous. But still time for Swann to make an impact and lead a fightback...

Day 3 - Australia 480 all out.

What a partnership that was by Mike Hussey and Brad Haddin to put The Aussies firmly in control of The First Test!

England have started their 2nd Innings and finished The day on 55-0 still 19 runs behind.

Hey Jono whats The weather forecast for Brisbane? - Are there any storms predicted for tomorrow?

I bet Strauss' heartbeat rose to 300 beats per minute when Hilfenhaus rattled his pads first ball!!

He nearly went for a second succesive duck, but Umpire Dar got it spot on.

Can't see past an Aussie win now, bar the weather report!

What a great come back by England on Day 4.

Captain Andrew Strauss and Alastair Cook both with Centuries to leave us on 309-1 and a lead of 88 runs.

The Aussies will be gutted that they have blown their chance to win The first test with The match now heading for a draw.