Page 1 of 37 1211 ... LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest of all time!

Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest of all time!

Ok obviously this isnt actually true but Ronaldo's agent has claimed this.

This article is also somewhat ridiculous claiming there are 100 greater players than Ronaldo.

But where would you have the likes of Ronaldo and Messi in your all time? Do they rank amongst the greats yet? Or do they still have to prove more before this can be done?

Ronaldo is the second best player of his generation, AND HE'LL GO NO FURTHER.

I'd put him in the top 50 of all time, maybe. Messi would already get into my top 20.

That's the difference. Ronaldo is a phenomenal goalscorer. Messi is a phenomenal footballer.

Agree with me Johaldo8. For me he's great goalscorer & finisher one of the best of all time, but he's not an overall great player like Messi or Maradona.

Ronaldo will only be remembered for his goal-scoring season at Manchester United. Messi will be remembered for his skill and trickery each season he's shined.

Quote Originally Posted by TGLucario475
    Ronaldo will only be remembered for his goal-scoring season at Manchester United. Messi will be remembered for his skill and trickery each season he's shined.
    He's beating records in Real Madrid. He will probably score more than in Man Utd.
    He will be remembered as a great goalscorer, but He's so good at it, He should also be considered as one of the best ever.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

If he wasnt such a hateful twat he probably would be remembered as on of the best ever but to be honest Im sure if it'll happen even though he deserves it. He is basically the prototype of a modern footballer, very strong(when he wants to be) and very quick, but its his shameful behaviour that drags him down. He is probably the top 20 ever I believe, then again Im much more biased towards modern footballers as I believe they would rip a lot of pre 1985 defences to shreds due to footballing evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    i think he is sexier than Messi.
    Definitely, you finally got the point
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

There are players around now that are better than this diving Portuguese scumbag, let alone of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by jambowambo
    There are players around now that are better than this diving Portuguese scumbag, let alone of all time.
    This is exactly what I talking about.

Matthaus,Luiz Ronaldo,Romario,Tastao,Pele,Rivelino,Maldini,Bares i,Scirea,Rivera,Baggio,Keane,Cruyff,Gullit,Van Basten, Bergkamp,Koeman,Hagi,Zico - all better than Ronaldo.

And thats just of the top of my head without going into it too much. So I'd say there could be close enough to 100 better players than him. 50 at least. IMO