Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273637

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest of all time!

He got the second yellow for diving and unfairly so I think so that's why he pushed the referee. The ref had just awarded Barcelona a penalty after Suarez dive so a bit unfair that

Quote Originally Posted by IamMelGibson View Post
    He got the second yellow for diving and unfairly so I think so that's why he pushed the referee. The ref had just awarded Barcelona a penalty after Suarez dive so a bit unfair that
    Well it wasn't a foul by umtiti and Ronaldo was looking for a penalty so it was a dive. Still you don't push the ref no matter what. Also he looked like a fool copying messi's celebration

He didn't dive, He could hardly stand on his feet after the run and touch with Umtiti (i wouldn't have called that a penalty either, but for sure not a dive either, so never a yellow card). However Ronaldo gets these calls often because He is not liked by the refs. He's a pimp, He does weird and arrogant stuff like taking his shirt off to show his abs and that's something people dislike.

There's a video of Messi pushing the ref in a game vs Madrid just like Ronaldo did and He wasn't banned at all.

Ronaldo shouldn't have pushed the ref, but all players should be treated the same. I'm tired of refs using Ronaldo to show their punishments.
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

I also thought he just lost his balance but why was he throwing his hands up in the air and giving out looking for a penalty or freekick as it would have been. He should have just got up if he knew he fell over.

I have re-read all this thread again. I gotta say two things:

1. 6 years ago, I had no problem admitting He was not even close to be the greatest of all time. I didn't even get mad reading comments of disrespect towards him. Nowadays, I think he deserves some credit to, at least, be in the debate. Some people who commented here back then would swallow their words now.

2. It's really funny to read specnur (whom I respect and have respected here for many years) through all this thread. Ronaldo's been developing and maturing his game and specnur's been developing his excuses for not considering him one of the greatest. At first, it was him not winning trophies with Real Madrid, then it was not scoring in important games, then it was not topping any good defender, then not winning trophies with his national team... He's been able to fulfill all that, to keep improving at an age where common players are starting to think about retiring. He's just a beast, never gets enough. He'll keep beating records and reaching places no one else can reach. And you haters will still be hating...
    Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

I think one reason people dislike Ronaldo is that when he first became a star he actually was very overrated and hyped and then it has stuck even though he clearly is one of the greats. No way is he better than Messi though!