Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast

Thread: Cristiano Ronaldo is the greatest of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by tdv123
    Quote Originally Posted by paddypoohead
    Quote Originally Posted by tdv123
    Matthaus,Luiz Ronaldo,Romario,Tastao,Pele,Rivelino,Maldini,Bares i,Scirea,Rivera,Baggio,Keane,Cruyff,Gullit,Van Basten, Bergkamp,Koeman,Hagi,Zico - all better than Ronaldo.

And thats just of the top of my head without going into it too much. So I'd say there could be close enough to 100 better players than him. 50 at least. IMO
    Why is Tostao better? Im going to go out on a limb and say you havent seen very much of him outside of the 1970 world cup, and 7 matches isnt enough to say he's better.
    He linked up amazingly well with Pele and Jarzinho in attack, really made the 1970 team tick up front and had superb vision. He also loved to drop back hold up the ball and lay it off for Pele//Rivelino/Jairzinho. Had a terrific shot & was very good at free kicks aswell. Just think he has more to offer than Ronaldo.

And those 7 matches in the 1970 World Cup are far more impressive than all of Ronaldos international tournaments put together.
    Seeing him have one great tournament doesnt cut it for me, Ronaldo has a better goal scoring record in a better league(Tostao's still impressivee) and let's be honest, Tostao was playing in one of the best teams ever, if Ronaldo was playing in the Brazil 1970 team then he would surely have had a superlative tournament as well. I dont think Tostao would have prospered in recent Portugal teams to be honest, not with the way their rubbish manager had them playing in the WC.

Tostao's record is very very very impressive something like 250 goals in 300 & something games or around that anyway.
    And thats in a time when the Brazilian league was much stronger & was able to keep all its top players.

Yeah but the defences still sucked

Loool @ Steely and Raul... its personal taste, but I dont like how Ronaldo looks, hes just a devil...and hes more of a retard then Messi in fact. Messi is much more mature than he is. U ppl r just shallow And jealous

So when Messi contines to win Ballon D'or and more trophies in the future, Ronaldo can spend his time staring at himself in the mirror and spend more time with hookers like P.Hilton

Although more fairly of football, Ronaldo is a top top player, and I rate him second best overall still in the current football world, because he is just such a overall footballer at such a high level. But no matter what, Messi will always be better than him!

Messi is more retarded, there's no doubt about it. Look at yesterday's penalty celebration and the pose of his body:

Raúl González Over 400 career goals, 3 UCL, 6 La Liga, Top scorer in history of UCL and Spain's national team for a decade, captain of one of the best generations of players in Real Madrid history.

Come on Raul give him a brake , if I have read it correctly he just wanted to congratulate his mom a birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Raul
    Messi is more retarded, there's no doubt about it. Look at yesterday's penalty celebration and the pose of his body:

It would be great if footballers started coming out of the closet this way.

Ronaldo is definitely the most complete footballer right now. He can do everything, but what lets him down are his individual tendencies and greediness. Sometimes his decision making is off-key too.

I couldn't care less about his ego - I judge a player on their footballing ability. If he's arrogant, then fair play, he's good enough to be arrogant. I judge all footballers the same, and he is a great footballer.

Only Messi is above him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by paddypoohead
    It would be great if footballers started coming out of the closet this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Johaldo8
    Ronaldo is definitely the most complete footballer right now. He can do everything, but what lets him down are his individual tendencies and greediness. Sometimes his decision making is off-key too.

I couldn't care less about his ego - I judge a player on their footballing ability. If he's arrogant, then fair play, he's good enough to be arrogant. I judge all footballers the same, and he is a great footballer.

Only Messi is above him right now.
    yep, all true.

it is a shame that Ronaldo's ability is downplayde because of his personality and off the pitch style. there is no doubt he deserves greater respect.
    no mate , it's a shame he is rated s highly from playing la liga!

A players ability should be judged on who he is able to be effective against nothing more nothing less!