Page 1 of 163 121151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Transfer Rumours and News

Liverpool Transfer Rumours and News

Here is the new Liverpool thread, enjoy.

Id just like to start it with this post from the last page of the old Liverpool thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. My form earned me an England call-up and my debut in an international friendly.

Am a I £35m striker?

No, I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Re: Liverpool Transfer Rumours and News

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jono
    Here is the new Liverpool thread, enjoy.

Id just like to start it with this post from the last page of the old Liverpool thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22.

Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. Including a goal against the reigning champions, away at Arsenal and in a home win over Liverpool. My form earned me an England call-up and my debut in an international friendly.

Am a I £35m striker?

No, I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.
    this is true?

And master Steely has made a grammarical mistakes!!! "Am a I"?!

So here's the explanation on Carroll's fee according to John Henry:

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll. The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle. Those prices could have been £35million [from Chelsea for Torres] and £20million [to Newcastle for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

"The big question is just how effective the financial fair-play rules are going to be. Perhaps some clubs support the concept in order to limit the spending of other clubs, while implementing activities specifically designed to evade the rules they publicly support. We can only hope that UEFA has the ability and determination to enforce what they have proposed."

"We've always spent money we've generated rather than deficit-spending and that will be the case in Liverpool. It's up to us to generate enough revenue to be successful over the long term. We have not and will not deviate from that."

I read somewhere that Torres had told Liverpool he wanted a movie prior to his transfer request. Apparently Liverpool told him to keep quiet until a fee was agreed with Ajax for Suarez, because if it was known that Torres was looking for a move, Ajax would be inclined to raise the price for Suarez.

From bad to worse........?

"Jose Mourinho has won his power struggle at Real Madrid – and that could spell disaster for Liverpool fans still mourning the loss of Fernando Torres.

For Mourinho, loathed by Kop fans, will flex his new-found muscle at the Bernabeu with a £25million summer bid for Liverpool talisman Steven Gerrard.

Losing their inspirational skipper so soon after Torres’ departure is almost unthinkable for Liverpool supporters. Losing him to Mourinho would be even harder to stomach"

I doubt Stevie would go considering the owners intentions to invest in new players and stadium etc.

The Mirror is reporting the there is a chance Carroll could be out for the rest of the season!

I did wonder how they did a medical on an injured player but surely they would have an idea about how long hes going tobe out for?!

Is this rubbish journalism or could there be truth to it?

If anyone's interested, here's the interview Fox Sports had with John Henry

Carroll's thigh injury is over, he's just getting into shape now. He'll be back soon enough.

Looks like Reina is leaving in the summer too........but to Man Utd?

Torres to chelse is one thing,but to lose our keeper to our bitter rivals is another

Any truth in this?