Page 2 of 163 FirstFirst 1231252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Transfer Rumours and News

I think a big part of the attraction of Liverpool for the Spanish players was all their compatriots being there both on and off the field. Reina must feel like the last Mohican now. Im not surprised the rumours of him wanting to leave are coming up.

I expected this when Torres left...

Worse. I feel he is more important than Torres, but still replaceable. Hopefully with another quality 'keeper like Adler, Neuer, Casillas, Gerrard etc...

Far worse reina has been brillant for us since he joined and i can say without a shadow of a doubt he is the best golakepper in the premership........

Again if he left abroad i would be annoyed but not enraged.....If he joins united i dont know what i will do.......

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Hopefully with another quality 'keeper like Adler, Neuer, Casillas, Gerrard etc...
    think that one would go un-noticed??

That article is a whole load of spin. Clear as day. Reina may leave but there's no chance he'll go to United - there's more chance of me becoming the Morcambe manager! He may leave in the summer, this is a possibility, but the situation for him is not the same as it is for Torres. Torres is a quick, injury prone striker who'll probably take a downward turn in the next few years as he gets older, Reina is a 28-year-old goalkeeper who could easily have 10 years in him yet. He isn't in the same rush.

The way i see it, a lot of the big clubs have fine goalkeepers already. Casillas and Valdes at Madrid and Barcelona, Julio Cesar and Buffon at Inter and Juventus, Cech and Hart at Chelsea and Man City. How many clubs are there that would (a) be looking for a goalkeeper, (b) be prepared to pay around 20m-ish for one and (c) be an upward step for Reina? I am thinking Bayern Munich would be one if they get into the Champions League, but they are far more likely to look to one of the up-and-coming German 'keepers like Adler or Neuer. Milan could be a possibility but they may not even be looking to replace Abbiati. Then there's Arsenal, who wouldn't pay the high fee and aren't likely to be looking for a goalkeeper of Reina's age and high profile when they have Szczęsny coming through. And after that there's United.

I'm confident Reina will be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    what is keeping Reina at Liverpool?
    True love.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben91
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill
    what is keeping Reina at Liverpool?
    True love.
    I aways had my suspicions of Carragher.

To be fair there's nothing keeping him at Anfield,a player like him again should be challenging for the top honours and right now he's not and most likely won't for the next few years...

If he moves abroad then the respect for him will remain unless he puts in a transfer request Torres style.

If he goes to United then i'll lose respect for everyone at Liverpool who would be involved,if Ferguson can sell players to anyone but Liverpool then Liverpool can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Nufc
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Hopefully with another quality 'keeper like Adler, Neuer, Casillas, Gerrard etc...
    think that one would go un-noticed??

You know, I've done that numerous times over the years I've been here and only a few times has Mrtz picked them up. The rest were all unnoticed!