Thread: LA Noire

LA Noire

In this new blockbuster from Rockstar you play the
    role of a young rookie cop called Cole Phelps as he tries to climb
    the ladder at the LA police department and keep the 1940's streets free of crime.

Just bought this today so will give my first impressions in the next couple of days or so.

Do any of you guys have any plans to purchase this or have you have had enough playing mafia type games now?

Was looking forward to playing it but I've heard nothing but bad reviews from it, repetitive and boring, the story is very linear and the interrogations are supposed to be total guesswork a lot of the time. Shame as it had a lot of potential

What do you think of it? Might rent it for a night to give it a shot anyway

Not had a chance to play it yet Conaldinho but now the football season is over can get stuck in tomorrow.

Have completed a few missions now and so far finding this very enjoyable.

I have already been promoted from a patrolman to a rookie detective in the traffic division!

This seems to be more of a video game where you have to use your brain more than your gun or driving skills.

I like it how you have to watch a suspect when your questioning them to determine if they are telling lies or not!

Anyone else got any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Conaldinho
    Was looking forward to playing it but I've heard nothing but bad reviews from it, repetitive and boring, the story is very linear and the interrogations are supposed to be total guesswork a lot of the time. Shame as it had a lot of potential

What do you think of it? Might rent it for a night to give it a shot anyway
    Are you serious, I have read nothing but glowing reviews. Last time I checked it got 92 on metacritic!

So, is it worth the money? I've also heard some bad things about it. I don't really pay attention to the reviews so much, they are often sponsored and most games made by big studios get a score of 8 or 9 out of 10. I love the facial expressions and that era in history so I'm tempted

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Plant
    So, is it worth the money? I've also heard some bad things about it. I don't really pay attention to the reviews so much, they are often sponsored and most games made by big studios get a score of 8 or 9 out of 10. I love the facial expressions and that era in history so I'm tempted
    I had it bought for xmas and i'm not a fan of it,the graphics and the way they talk is amazing but the gameplay seems a little cartoony to me,it reminds me a little of Mafia II with the era but Mafia II blows it away easily..