Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Peep Show - Greatest Comedy Of The Century?

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeBlue
    I did enjoy Peep show at the beginning but I'm more of an Inbetweeners fan now.
    Truly one of the worst programmes ever. Are we supposed to laugh at them? with them? or in my case want to climb into the screen and punch them?
    I guess we all have different senses of humour.

I still like to watch the old repeats on C4 or E4 and still find myself laughing at the lads antics.
    Must be an age thing mate, its essentially Carry On without the good jokes or good acting

Truly one of the worst programmes ever. Are we supposed to laugh at them? with them? or in my case want to climb into the screen and punch them?

I still like to watch the old repeats on C4 or E4 and still find myself laughing at the lads antics.
    Must be an age thing mate, its essentially Carry On without the good jokes or good acting
    It's like a kids version of Peep Show for wrist happy adolescents.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason

It's like a kids version of Peep Show for wrist happy adolescents.
    At least the 1st couple of series of Peep Show had some jokes in it, this is just as you say for wrist happy adolescents

it's up there, but i'm a geek so i have to say big bang theory!!!!

The last four episodes were very good.

Jez joins a book club and Mark buys a vibrator (Derek)
    The lads get locked into a flat and have to get out before Jez's bird's boyfriend finds them (and the air runs out).
    Mark's parents come for Christmas dinner.
    New Year party - Jez goes his separate way, Dobby move in with Mark, and Super Hans meets an oriental bird with no English that he'll take a bullet up the arris for.

Anyway, an interesting heads up (for someone no doubt) - on Dave in the last couple of days they have now started showing some different episodes - like the classic one where Jez is called up for jury service (and Mark goes to a gay club) and the strangely underrated one (at the time at least) where Mark has an impossiblly difficult presentation (while The Johnson makes an indecent proposal - ending up fucking Big Suze without handing over any cash).

Tonight's episodes are - Mark joins the gym and the one where Jez works for a gay techno musician who as luck would have it is fond of hand jobs. Still he doesn't seem as bad as that Louie Spence.

The best episode is where Mark goes to visit Sophies parents. Truly hilarious.

Just read that it is due to finish after Series 10. I Suppose they have enough other projects to keep them busy and it has run its course. Robert Webb seems to be doing everything now, hes even presenting a kids TV show reading Winnie the Pooh stories! (Tales of Frienship on Disney Junior - worth watching just for the surrealist nature of it!).

Re: Peep Show - Greatest Comedy Of The Century?

Anybody watching the new series. Thought it was been better than the last series so far. Wont post any spoilers but i think the storyline with Jez is good and would explain a lot!.