Thread: Forum Downtime - Migration complete

Forum Downtime - Migration complete

Hi all,

As you are all no doubt aware, we encountered some major issues with the forum which led to some data loss. Unfortunately this data has not been retrieved, however there has been a major overhaul of the back end servers.

We have had the team working flat out to get all data migrated over to a new cloud environment to increase the speed of both site and forum aswell as add stability.

You can now view the all new site here - http://www.football.co.uk

If you encounter any further problems on the forum, please report it via the Support & Improvements section and we will investigate as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience over the past few weeks.

Funny how 'the team' have rarely bothered with us in the past.

Absolute joke.

I will add that I am very disappointed and upset that the missing posts couldn't be retrieved.

We have all lost a good amount of hard work no one more so than me since the new season started.

However I'm prepared to start again and I'm sure that this will never happen again now that we have this new software.

I would like to encourage all of you guys especially those of you who are long term regulars to start posting again.

I know we can recover from this big setback and move forward once again if we all work together on this long road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    I will add that I am very disappointed and upset that the missing posts couldn't be retrieved.

We have all lost a good amount of hard work no one more so than me since the new season started.

However I'm prepared to start again and I'm sure that this will never happen again now that we have this new software.

I would like to encourage all of you guys especially those of you who are long term regulars to start posting again.

I know we can recover from this big setback and move forward once again if we all work together on this long road ahead.
    Indeed hard work especially for Hams~! Anyway we all know we lost a lot of data but now its upgraded hopefully there wont be any more problems in the future, and its now a much much faster and up to date setup though! ,

I have a sad feeling it could be creeping towards the end for this forum.

That is unlikely Bayaker. We have a good core group of members who will make it a success once again.

Stay positive and continue posting. We are at the start of a new season - there will be a lot of talking points this year I am sure.

Great to see the forum running faster, especially over a busy weekend. There was a time where we couldn't access the forum on a Saturday or Sunday due to load on the old servers.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by O Dogg
    That is unlikely Bayaker. We have a good core group of members who will make it a success once again.

Stay positive and continue posting. We are at the start of a new season - there will be a lot of talking points this year I am sure.

Great to see the forum running faster, especially over a busy weekend. There was a time where we couldn't access the forum on a Saturday or Sunday due to load on the old servers.

It's not all doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayaker
    It won't be while I'm still one of the admins on here.

Sure we have had a major and painful setback but we will recover if we all work together.

The forum is running much faster now and is much more stable which is a good start.

As I said before I hope most of you guys who are long term members will keep the faith and help to get us back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Hams
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayaker
    It won't be while I'm still one of the admins on here.

Sure we have had a major and painful setback but we will recover if we all work together.

The forum is running much faster now and is much more stable which is a good start.

As I said before I hope most of you guys who are long term members will keep the faith and help to get us back on track.
    I genuinely think the forum is the on the up.

We have a lot of new users registered every day and the forum is now running much smoother than normal.

Forums will always have their problems, but it's been resolved and now we can move forwards.