Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8910 ... LastLast

Thread: ....

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Hill

f*ck Kebe. i hope we do him in on the home game, but properly this time. small-time, classless prat

my morals would involve not letting people take liberties with you. Jack Collison is a very laid back bloke. for him to react in that way tells it all. sadly, Collison barely even really hit him and so the red card was regrettable as he would have been better off walking up to him and smashing him in the jaw.

unfortunately, this is the kind of crap we have to encounter when small time losers have a rare taste of victory. long may our players not stand by while people try to take the p*ss, its one of the things our club has always stood for.
    That's why you lot are down there , no class!
    what you do when someone shows any sort of classless non violent act is that you let the mug wallow in his won stupidity by just leaving him to it. Couldn't take the loss like man and got frustrated with a childlike mind, flipping typical clogger mentality.
    First to resort to violence when they can't find the intellectual wherewithal to handle the situation, you mug them bitches off all day.

Quote Originally Posted by specnur

f*ck Kebe. i hope we do him in on the home game, but properly this time. small-time, classless prat

my morals would involve not letting people take liberties with you. Jack Collison is a very laid back bloke. for him to react in that way tells it all. sadly, Collison barely even really hit him and so the red card was regrettable as he would have been better off walking up to him and smashing him in the jaw.

unfortunately, this is the kind of crap we have to encounter when small time losers have a rare taste of victory. long may our players not stand by while people try to take the p*ss, its one of the things our club has always stood for.
    That's why you lot are down there , no class!
    what you do when someone shows any sort of classless non violent act is that you let the mug wallow in his won stupidity by just leaving him to it. Couldn't take the loss like man and got frustrated with a childlike mind, flipping typical clogger mentality.
    First to resort to violence when they can't find the intellectual wherewithal to handle the situation, you mug them bitches off all day.

i love the idea that you consider Jack Collison to be a clogger.

while taking the intellectual higher plain can sometimes be preferable, there are times when a good old fashioned case of physical discipline is needed. this was one such case.
    Mate , i just hope you don't spawn seed and raise them that way.
    ANswering a non violent act with violence ,is a recipe for a lengthy stay in her majesty's. It's unacceptable in society and should be unacceptable in football, especially in front of kids. You take these things lightly ignoring the long term affects it has on our more impressionable fans. If you support such acts you as your as responsible for the deterioration of moral boundaries as anyone else hell bent on our demise as a species on this earth.

a species on this earth.

you're slightly exaggerating your point there i feel.

as far as society is concerned, my issue is with the Kebes of this world, rather than the Collisons. there are a million examples of where a non-violent act can suitably be met with violence.

if i behaved like he did on a football pitch i would absolutely expect to be clattered. tell your boy to come over here and do that on a football pitch and you'll find he is picking himself up off the floor before you even get the chance to tell him to sort himself out.

that is absolutely the way society should be. if somebody takes a liberty, you let them know it will not be tolerated in whatever way you see fit. if Kebe doesn't do what he did (which was utterly classless and unnecessary) then nothing happens. it is simlpe cause and effect. nip the cause ni the bud and you have no effect.

you're just soft in your old age. ,[/quote]

That may be the case.
    As for my boy, he has more class than that .

But i am interested in knowing what non violent acts justifies a violent response?
    If players get off on taking the P*ss on the pitch over conquered opposition then let them go ahead and be classless, that will take care of itself trust me. There is absolutely no need to put that players career in jeopardy ,that my friend is an exaggeration.

well for a kick off i think finding a bloke in bed with your missus is cause for a violent reaction, seeing an adult verbally bully your offspring is another cause for a swinging a punch and somebody blatantly taking the p*ss out of something that means a lot to you (most notably family). naturally there will be more that don't immediately spring to mind.

i would have the same reaction to the incident if Kebe never played again. the sport is full of jumpde up chancers like him so we wouldn't miss him. if anything it might make other people think twice in future before behaving in such a way - that can only be good for the game. the rule book can not touch him so we have to make our own discipline.

On a more serious note you actually hit a really good one there with the second.

My wife and my 2 boys who were 10 and 8 at the time were verbally assaulted on the train platform in my neighborhood. What my Son's said this man said to them was absolutely disgusting my not being black and my kids being of mixed race,this cockroach went on some rant about all kinds of things in front of a busy subway station where we live.
    When they came home and my oldest son told me about this ,i almost had tears of anger for this coward. And every time i went to s train station with them after that for about a month i asked them if they see the bloke who said that to them. If after such a long time there is no doubt i my mind i would have dragged this man out of the subway station and broke him up. I actually and in hindsight. So you are correct there are instances where this is plausible.

Someone shafting my missus and me catching them ,i don't think i would. I'd just tell them to get dressed and get out ,so i can watch the footy without all that racket back there.
    I'm just not that sort of guy that ever fought over women ,if they need to look elsewhere for stuff like that then we are wasting both our time and should move on in separate directions. Now if it was someone who knew me and knew that was my missus ,then all bets are off .That man is attacking ME personally, and a good dig is what is desrevedfoloowed by the above.